Sign in to follow this  
Red-Dog

The Prize for Vasco's next campaign.

Your country needs you.

Join Vasco's campaign and you could be the pilot with this in your trophy cabinet.

post-45885-12619541527203.jpg

This is a actual RAF tankard from No 8 Sqd based at R.A.F Scampton which was aquired from the officers mess in the 1970's

if you would like this for your collection then join up for the Sunday MP campaign.

If you are thinking of joining up for a 3 month campaign then please post here so we get a rough idea of the numbers.

Campaign date will be 1916, flying for the RFC.

Start date 10.1.10 / time 1900 GMT

I will join By that time I should be drinking homebrew. Not that I would win the tankard mind you.

Well, now that Football season and the holiday's are winding down Sunday's will be easier for me! Count me in!

By the way I was at the Bengal's game today and it was boring as hell till the last 6 minutes! They did finally clinch AFC champs for the first time in forever!

Your country needs you.

<snip>

If you are thinking of joining up for a 3 month campaign then please post here so we get a rough idea of the numbers.

Campaign date will be 1916, flying for the RFC.

Start date 10.1.10 / time 1900 GMT

I don't know that I can make every Sunday, but I'm game. Count me in too. Did I hear something about DH2s? They're a lot of fun to fly.

I will definitely be joining the next campaign, though I may miss the the 3rd Sunday of each month depending on the local weather. Those are the days my black powder club shoot.

Beard

Count me in for the new campaign. I'm just sitting here waiting for my memory to come in the mail. Soon as it gets here I'll pop in on teamspeak to get sorted out.

I'll sign-up for some aerial abuse!

I've just upgraded my CPU from Intel E6400 (2.13GHz) to an E8600 (3.33 GHz). I'll perhaps look into OverClocking; the E8600 is supposed to take 4.0 GHz fairly easily.

You can count me in, Vasco. Can we get an official post about the mission aircraft? I believe what was discussed was FE2's bombing and DH2's flying cover, correct? If so, what will the scoring be for the FE's; how many points for bombs on target and will there be bonus points for downing an enemy craft from one?

You can count me in, Vasco. Can we get an official post about the mission aircraft? I believe what was discussed was FE2's bombing and DH2's flying cover, correct? If so, what will the scoring be for the FE's; how many points for bombs on target and will there be bonus points for downing an enemy craft from one?

von Baur,

Because of the way the campaign generates mission I cannot guarantee they'll be bombing opportunities on every mission. I'm considering making the squadron consist of 12 DH2s with 3 FE2Bs available for bombing/fighter ops but this will only work if we get 6 people who want to crew the Fees.

With regard to the points system, it will remain the same except any points achieved by the Fee crews will be granted to both pilot and gunner as theirs is a team effort e.g. bombs on target = 2 points for each member of the crew. The same for any air-to-air kills achieved by the gunner.

I think this is an equitable method of scoring which doesn't penalise the seperate duties of the pilot and gunner in these craft but I'm open to alternative suggestions.

Vasco :pilotfly:

I'm in if I can get my new router sorted out for next weekend, and assuming that it's wireless link is powerful enough (though I'm assured it will be...).

src....if you think your going to need assistance,,let me know,,but problems with routers generally only concern those who want to host. Joining a game should not need any router adjustments.

I'll back up what duck said, Simon. My connetion problems are with the outside wireless internet, not the inside wireless router. Just try to keep the line between your computer and the router free of things like cordless phones and microwave ovens. Those can cause interference.

Hi,

Thanks for the offers gents, but I'm pretty sure that my wireless woes are down to having an old Belkin that is fairly poor at projecting a signal to where I need it. The new one I've bought (Belkin N) should give a more powerful signal, or so I've been told.

I'll get it configured today - by hand, as my Ubuntu box naturally won't entertain the setup exe - and see what the signal's like upstairs (gaming PC).

Hi Src, if you get it up and runing and want to test it just PM me and we can give it a go...

Holidays are over so i should get to a narmal schedule pretty soon. I should be able to make it.

fuys jtu got thru testing some of the problem ac with reddog and vc and for the most part looks good

NOT SURE UCK STILL A FEW MORE ITEMS TO CHECK OUT BEFORE I ADDRESS IT WIHT THEM

Got a projected campaign date, Vasco? Thinking of getting in some practice offline prior to the start and want to make it right.

• Like 1

Got a projected campaign date, Vasco? Thinking of getting in some practice offline prior to the start and want to make it right.

i belive he was considering late spring ealry summer 1916 with rfc 24

Would like to volunteer for assignmet . However I may not be able to make every Mission.............I would love to give it a go.

Flying for the RFC, as an American pilot volunteer...?......sounds smashing great fun.........Salute.gif