Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

Belgium 9eme Escadrille de Chasse Camels

Good Morning All and Happy New Year,

I am finishing up a set of skins to drop in for the Belgium 9eme Escadrille de Chasse that will swap with the current 4 RNAS Camel skins. It will be a simple pair of folders with one containing the new skins and other the originals so that you can easily swap them if you would like to fly with the Belgian Air Service starting in June of 1917. Here is a shot of the new flight, (sans a couple of ace skins I am wrapping up):

OFF_Belgium_9eme_01.jpg

I chose 4 RNAS as it was stationed very close to where the 9eme actually was and therefore gets you very near the real action that group encountered. Let me know if you folks are interested in this set and I will make it available.

Cheers!

Lou

OK folks, for those interested in testing these out, here is the link to download the zip file:

Belgium 1ère 9ème Camels

Unzip the folder to somewhere convenient and then open the main folder. Inside you will see two more folders; one with the new Belgium skins and the other with the original RNAS-4 skins. Open the Belgium folder and copy and paste all the files from there into the "skins" folder in your OFF sim, allowing them to overwrite the existing files. If you have the sim installed in the default location the path should look like this:

C:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\skins

Now start up your sim and create a new pilot to fly as a fighter with RNAS-4 on June 15, 1917 and try it out. When you wish to switch back to the original skins simply go to the RNAS-4 folder I provided and copy and paste those files into the "skins" folder, again allowing them to overwrite. Let me know how it all works for you, and If everyone likes it I will place these in the download section of the website. I did include Jan Olieslager's plane as well as several other generic "ace" skins, just so there is a bit of variety on the flightline.

Cheers!

Lou

those skins are stunning.

great work.

m

TKS Morris. But my job was made much easier by the stock skins I started with, and those were built by Winder and Rabu, so many many thanks to them as well.

Great !

I am indeed very interested.

A small reminder: don't forget that the 1st escadrille was renamed 9th escadrille after the reorganisation of March 1918, by which time they were flying mostly Hanriot, with still a few Camels.

Quite right DT59, which is why I have the file noted as "Belgium 1ère 9ème Camels". As to the Hanriots, since they are not available in the campaigns at this time you will have to stick with the trusty Camels all the way through. :smile:

Hope you enjoy the planes DT59. Let me know if you notice anything that might need correcting.

Cheers!

Lou

BTW, for those who may have missed it, the download link and install instructions are five posts back in this thread.

No other volunteers to give these Camel skins a try? I was hoping there might be a bit more interest in flying for Belgium. Ah well, c'est la guerre.

Dear Lou,

as soon as im finished with my SE5a Viper (best kite) i will fly those belgium camels and kill huns and send u a post card.

m

WHAT!? No free time, you say? Why I had a full 2 1/2 minutes of free time myself this morning and was able to paint an entire Italian squadron's worth of planes, redo the in-game maps, build the forts at Verdun, AND install new memory sticks in my computers. Just have to know how to maximize, lads.

:biggrin:

But seriously, I can appreciate the lack of time Gents. Thanks for wanting to give these a go when the schedules allow. And well done RC on the good press for our beloved sim. Keep it going Sir.