Sign in to follow this  
SlickWili

Lomac Add-on/expansion News

Whilst trudging through the heaps of redundant praise and flames on the UBI forums, I came across an interesting post from Carl Norman regarding LOMAC Add-On / Expansion Packs. Check it out:

Regarding the future with Ubi Soft: We have proposed add on products to them and they have stated they are not interested. That's business. Ubi still maintains this site, they have stated that they will provide the means for all of you to obtain the V1.02 patch, and you can still order Lock On from Ubi Soft or buy it in the stores. They have just decided not to fund any further efforts. That's their call and their right.

We have obtained permission from Ubi to do our own add on product and we are in the process of finding the investment capital we require to do this product along with our own independent simulation products beyond Lock On. I offer no promises, but if introduce our own add on product we will most likely be required to make modifications to the game engine which could result in another patch being created in conjunction with the add on. It is too early to tell for sure.

Our goal will now be to establish the alternative means to publish, distribute, and sell our simulations to the public without being dependent on the traditional publishing and retail model used to bring entertainment software to the market. I'd love to give you more details but at this time it would be inappropriate as we are still working on many aspects of this new venture for us.

I know you guys have a million questions and suggestions. Please realize that now is not the time. We are concentrating on finishing V1.02 and working to set up our new infrastructure. We are just not ready to provide more information at this time.

We still believe in Lock On and are doing the best we can to support it.

Sweeeeeet :D

It was originally posted 21Apr 2004, 11:48pm, by Carl. I updated my squads site with it.

Yes that is sweet news indeed.................

I can almost see this sim in a couple of years...it's the shnizzit right now, I can only imagine what it will look like in 2 years.........SWEEeeeeT !!!!!!!! :blink:

I hope eagle dynamics goes the same route as ThunderWorks. I think they have to right idea :D

Good for Eagle Dynamics. Dont let Ubi hold you back. I'd LOVE to see a good expansion pack for this game, it CRYS out for one.

Good! just think how good LOMAC could be when Ubisoft dos'nt have any thing to do with it! Why, you could play it the same day you started loading it. Missles would fire when you pressed the fire button. Dare I even dream that A Japaness company like Namco would get it! Ubisoft is all about the money.They have standards no pride and no future,GAME OVER.

Here's a further follow-up for this topic (as I'm sure there will be lots more to come.) The link below is to the UBI thread on the same. There is some translated intel from a Russian forum:

Official Message From ED thread

Great :blink: it looks like the US may not even see the addon:( I guess you could import the product then I could just pass it on to you guys maybe. In ISO format no less. :)