Sign in to follow this  
Stick

ATI card and terrain glitch

While the FPS is quite decent and consistent Ive noticed these glitches. I tried what was mentioned in the KB for the terrain but still came up dry....I was wondering if any fellow ATI(4570) users encountered the same and solved it. Could have sworn I read something exactly similar in the past!

Edited by Stick

What you are seeing is not an ATI problem. I have GeForce 9800Gt and have the same problems. I posted about it on the thirdwire forums and here too:

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7225&sid=1542f8760805f9725877a31c782e136e

http://forum.combatace.com/topic/51249-a-little-help-pleae/

TThis seems to be a problem with the latest December patch and specially with the combo pack.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a fix for it yet. I suggest you post it on the official thridwire forums to let the devs know about your case.

Edited by Desert Eagle

Are you having this problem on stock terrains or third party?

I was having a similar problem with an add on terrain and found that it was due to differences in the terrain data ini. due to the way textures are now handled.

If it's on a stock terrain is it from a data ini that is in your mod folder and may have been before the patch.

I reverted back to the stock flightengine and terrain data ini and that seems to have taken care of it. What i had done earlier is dumped an install of WOI from my old HD(which ran on an nvidia card) onto my new laptop; so its tweak, tweak, and tweak some more! Just about got it patted down now and Im bushed...3:04am here;I think I ought to give the new lappie a rest now. Thank you anyway folks.