Sign in to follow this  
Creaghorn

idea for more realism for p4

i don't know if there is any sim yet with this feature, but it would add a lot of realistic feel in the sim, if possible.

one thing which is missing in most, if not in all sims (also racedriving sims etc.) is experience of g-forces. of course physically not possible (at least you don't have those moving chairs like in flightschools) what would emulate g-forces is not only the movement from the aircraft, but a seperate movement of the pilot sitting inside. right now it's static with the cockpit. if the aircraft is thrown around, the head stays exactly where it is.

how about adding a seperate pilot buffeting, depending on speed, momentum and g-forces?. e.g. if you go into a steep dive, the POV should throw you back before coming back, if going into a sudden climb, POV should throw you towards the panel, if on a tight left turn, POV should shift you a bit to the right side of cockpit etc. like in rollercoasters or normal cardriving.

here a primitive, but nonetheless good visual about what i mean. watch the craft and watch the pilot inside. of course should be made more professional in all axis depending ond g-forces.

Track IR does this to some degree when having to move your head inderpendant to the sim

Track IR does this to some degree when having to move your head inderpendant to the sim

yes. but trackir movements are my head movements, not forced additional POV or shift movements by g-force. e.g. if i don't move my head at all in a spin, then nothing happens to my position at all.

This effect is very well implemented in BoBII WoV by A2A/Shockwave. All these little things sure add to the immersion factor of a sim.

Actually, FSX mimics this already (pretty well I might add).

FC

oh, wasn't aware about that. ok. so everybody knows what i'm talking about bye.gif

Well, I think even the ThirdWire sims mimic parts of it (side to side, cockpit shake), but don't mimic the linear acceleration parts (up/down/fore/aft).

FC

I'm pretty sure g-force and headshake movements are modeled in a select few new aircraft in the ETO expansion for CFS3. Therefore it should at least be possible to carry over to OFF you would think? If you're really interested I can re-install ETO and check it out for you. If I remember correctly it's the new ME109's and Spits that have "moveable" cockpits to simulate g-force/headshakes.

how about adding a seperate pilot buffeting, depending on speed, momentum and g-forces?. e.g. if you go into a steep dive, the POV should throw you back before coming back, if going into a sudden climb, POV should throw you towards the panel, if on a tight left turn, POV should shift you a bit to the right side of cockpit etc. like in rollercoasters or normal cardriving.

Nice idea Creaghorn

Would definitely notch up the immersion level

Maybe it's just me flying like a doofus, but whenever I pull tight turns in OFF while pursuing a target I find my gunsight goes off-line and I have to physically move my head to bring it back in line. It is, in effect, exactly as if g-forces were pulling my head out of line with the sight.

same here. but it would be cool if there would be some feature wich forces you a little bit in some POV directions. on the other hand that might confuse trackir with all it's moves and your headadjustments and in the end you're sitting upside down in your chair to have a straight view when the dogfight is over grin.gif

Is this the place to point out to the Developers that as the lady wife and I have just spent the afternoon (at pensioners' prices) watching Avatar in 3D (awesome!), I now have 80p's worth of 3D glasses ready and waiting for P4 ... come on chaps, pull your fingers out!:yikes: