Sign in to follow this  
Kingkat

OT-Flu and Cold Season

I haven't been around much these last few weeks due to intense flu / seasonal colds in my son and wife.

Son came home from college over Christmas break and was very sick for a week. He recovered and then the wife started last week, and took her to the DR Monday.

Looks like the rest of this week she's recovering and returning to her work next Monday. Proscribed Tamaflu.

Its NOT the H1N1, but its brutal. I am trying my best to nurse her back to health. (and staying away from her so I won't catch anything)

Everyone be aware of this. If it doesn't get better in a few days, get to the DR and get some medicine. Interesting note: Wife usually gets a FLU shot during this time of the year. She did NOT get one this year. My advice, get the FLU shot if you generally get one.

BTW Boys: I look pretty damn sexy in my "Nurse Goodbody Outfit".heat.gif

Everyone be aware of this. If it doesn't get better in a few days, get to the DR and get some medicine. Interesting note: Wife usually gets a FLU shot during this time of the year. She did NOT get one this year. My advice, get the FLU shot if you generally get one.

Good advice, Kingkat. Definitely get both the regular flu shot and H1N1 shots.

Believe me, you DO NOT want to be one of the unlucky ones that needs to be hospitalized with H1N1. In some cases, patients develop an exudative form of acute respiratory distress syndrome where their lungs turn to the consistency of liver. We can barely keep them alive on ventilators with massive amounts of pressure, and if they survive, their major organs may be severely damaged due to lack of oxygen. I've seen several dozen of these cases since October. Most cases I've seen are young adults in the prime of life.

H1N1 is serious, but the regular flu is, too. Most people don't realize that the regular flu kills 30,000 in the U.S. each year.

Edited by BirdDogICT

Kingkat,

Best thing, get a whole fryer chicken, boil it whole until done. Remove the bird from the water and let it cool. Add 2 lbs of carrots chopped unless you get the baby carrots, and 2 lbs of chopped celery. Once the chicken cools peel it off the bones, and remove the skin, and return the deboned and skinned chicken to the broth. Season with salt, pepper, and to taste, and 2 tblspns of parsley flakes. The Mrs. will be back in good in a couple days. My daughter was ill over the holiday visiting from school, and dad fixed her up, in a couple days. Smae kind of crud it sounds like you folks had. Just feed them some good broth to start with, and when they feel better, some of the veggies and meat with the broth to gain strength. My daughter was back in business in 48 hours, and he doc said it would take a week to ten days to run it's course.