I´m doing a red campaign in SF2 Vietnam with the XP Gold and man,that´s a terrific experience.

You are outnumbered all the time , surrounded by Phantoms that looks like the Battleships from Star Wars from inside the tiny cockpit of Mig 17.

The only way to survive is staying very low to avoid the truckload of sparrows they fire in your direction, maitaning high speed all the time and going up fast to shoot in targets of opportunity (the 17 has a real heavy punch in those cannons)

I have discovered that Skyraiders and Thunderchiefs are very damage resistant in this game you have to fill them with lead to down one.

Bottom line is I think we deserved a red campaign from TK , but the third party we have now is fun like hell (using Fly them All at the moment)

Anyone Knows about high resolution Mig 17 cockpit around?

Flying Red really is the way!

So all: come to the dark side (we have cookies and milk)!!!!

And to your question, what you need is here at CA, if it's not here, it's not anywhere else!

cool.gif

So, "Fly them All" is easily installed over a SF2V with the XP Gold?

What does it include, the reds' cockpits to make the MiGs flyable? Campaigns? Anything else?

I downloaded it but never installed it as I was hesitant not to crash anything coming with the Gold...

So, "Fly them All" is easily installed over a SF2V with the XP Gold?

What does it include, the reds' cockpits to make the MiGs flyable? Campaigns? Anything else?

I downloaded it but never installed it as I was hesitant not to crash anything coming with the Gold...

It´s only a Rolling Thunder campaign flying the Red side.

You need the early Migs cockpit mod the "complete Mig 21 pack "

The only problem I found is that I can´t for some reason initiate a campaign flying Mig 21.

Even if I choose a squadron listed as flying Mig 21 F or E , when I go to hangar screen is always a Fresco-C available.

But, everything is working fine.

What I discover is that is very rare to succeed in a mission, (always intercept missions)

Because you are always outnumbered , the Americans bomb their targets every time ending in a failure to red side.

What I discover is that is very rare to succeed in a mission, (always intercept missions)

Because you are always outnumbered , the Americans bomb their targets every time ending in a failure to red side.

That's because you are on the wrong side. ;)

To borrow a phrase from Parker and Stone (and an image from Gustav in the screenshots thread)

kill02.jpg

F*#% Yeah!

cool.gif

grin.gif

• Dislike 3

That's because you are on the wrong side. ;)

To borrow a phrase from Parker and Stone (and an image from Gustav in the screenshots thread)

F*#% Yeah!

cool.gif

grin.gif

That´s a beautiful Crusader for sure!

I always cry when I kill one with my NR-37...

:lol:

Edited by EricJ

It´s only a Rolling Thunder campaign flying the Red side.

You need the early Migs cockpit mod the "complete Mig 21 pack "

The only problem I found is that I can´t for some reason initiate a campaign flying Mig 21.

Even if I choose a squadron listed as flying Mig 21 F or E , when I go to hangar screen is always a Fresco-C available.

But, everything is working fine.

'Kay, I extracted the file, got me the "missing" files needed (I can well do without the A-1, A-6 and B-57, as those come with the XP, right?)...

What data do I need from the Mig-21-Pack? All of it? ...But I already have a MiG-21-folder...blink.gifdntknw.gif

Hum, but what is it with the MiG-21 - is it only that you cannot use it for a Campaign? Might that be, because the VPAF were transitioning from Mig-17 (Fresco-C) to MiG-21 during the cause of the Campaign - maybe???

How is it intended to work, anyhow? Can you create single missions using Mig's (starting from NV-airbases) with the pack, or can you "only" start Campaigns?

'Kay, I extracted the file, got me the "missing" files needed (I can well do without the A-1, A-6 and B-57, as those come with the XP, right?)...

What data do I need from the Mig-21-Pack? All of it? ...But I already have a MiG-21-folder...blink.gifdntknw.gif

Hum, but what is it with the MiG-21 - is it only that you cannot use it for a Campaign? Might that be, because the VPAF were transitioning from Mig-17 (Fresco-C) to MiG-21 during the cause of the Campaign - maybe???

How is it intended to work, anyhow? Can you create single missions using Mig's (starting from NV-airbases) with the pack, or can you "only" start Campaigns?

Stingray,into the Mig 21 pack are instructions how to make migs flyable.It´s only a drag and drop thing, easy to do.

I already find a way to do a Mig 21 campaign modding the CampaignNV11.INI ( or DATA.INI I don´t remember now)

I´m at work now, so tonight I´ll post the exact way to do it for you, it´s very easy.

The important is that now I have Atoll missiles to do the dirt job and lots of power to catch those Phantoms and Crusaders.

Stingray wht you need to edit to fly Mig 21 is:

1-locate in the mod folder ,in the canpaign file , CAMPAIGNNV11

2-open this file , you will find CAMPAIGNNV11.INI, open it.

3-in notepad scroll down until you find VPAF unit list

4-change NVietnamUnit001 and NvietnamUnit 004 changing aircraft type to Mig-21F(001) and Mig-21PFM(004)

I don't fly SF campaigns (making my own generator), but I can make a suggestion....

For fun, and as experiment, put Su-7 as N. Vietnamese fighter. You should have maybe 6 minutes of afterburner at low level. AAMs or not your choice.

A WHALE OF A FIGHTER: THE SU-7 IN IAF SERVICE

:

:

In the first event, a Su-7 and a MiG-21 conducted simulated air combat, an exhilarating display of tight maneuvering in which...

:

~ http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/History/Aircraft/Su-7.html

• Dislike 2

Red air is good for one thing.....dying is my sights. Thanks for the interest though. :lol: j/k

• Like 1

I'm flying a DiD campaign on the red side, flying the MiG-17. It is very fun, but challenging. I find that the key is to stay very low, try to find terrain to hide behind and stalk the US strikers. I use hit and run tactics. Don't get into an extended fight. Turn a lot...I try to get G's on my plane a lot because I never know when someone is shooting at me...

img00047.jpg

Gun kill on a Phantom:

img00051.jpg

img00056.jpg

Strike group got through...

img00057.jpg

img00063.jpg

Red Adair ~> http://www.redadair.com/

Always a cool story.

Yeah talk about a job I wouldnt want to do.

• Like 1

While they say you never fight a battle on equal terms, given good situational awareness, I'd put my money on the under-dog.

Anyway its the MiG pilots who get all the chickslol.gif

Exausted that hit effect seems different from mine.Are you using some new effects mod?

Yes, but I'm not sure which one I was using at that time. I am using hollywood explosions (enhanced ex. 4 or 5) as of yesterday.

Two kills from the MiG-21 campaign and I lived!

nicely done...I always forget to lower flap for low speed maneouvres

Okay, I'm homing in on this... Still I got a couple of questions.

- there is no CAMPAIGNV11 already in the Mod-folder (so no new data to be added in there) - I guess I just need to add the one from the FlyThemAll to the /campaigns-folder, right?

- where does that campaign show up in the game then? Will the RT "just" be extended by the new (RAAF, VNAF, VPAF) squadrons available, or will there be some new campaign like "RT FlyThemAll" be selectable?

- the US-aircraft are already flyable with the XP Gold - just no "Reds". So I guess I can do without touching the A-1H/J, A-6A and B-57B and concentrate on the MiGs only... Any other aircraft needing additions (to make more RAAF and VNAF flyable maybe)?

- as far as I've been able to learn, I only need to put the cockpits into the respective aircraft-folders and add CockpitDataFile, HangarScreen, LoadoutImage and LoadingScreen to the aircraft.INI. Same with AvionicsDLL and AvionicsDataFilename or are those already in there (sorry that I'm asking instead of looking up if those already exist)?

- concerning MiG-21 - according to my files it SHOULD have been available to the North Vietnamese already then - right?

So, I only need to alter the campaignv11 to include the -21 instead of the -17, then? ("change NVietnamUnit001 and NvietnamUnit 004 changing aircraft type to Mig-21F(001) and Mig-21PFM(004)")

- anything else needed to do?

Thanks for your help

Guest rscsjsuso5

just want to put my suggestion, i always fly red , example we already have nato planes flyable primairly the a-4 and f-4. i just extract need files from object.cat and then start to build the red side mig17,19,21,23 etc.. its fun to use aa-2 and compare it aim-9bs very similar in many aspects but the feeling is different when one fires it away , you can feel like a comrade or a patriot when using the two missiles respectively for the f100 and mig21. also the c130 vs an12capability is aboout the same but the feeling is different.

Luiz Carlos or Paolopanz, answers/comments to my post #21, maybe??? (Hopefully... good.gif )

Luiz Carlos or Paolopanz, answers/comments to my post #21, maybe??? (Hopefully... good.gif )

Hi, Stingray.

I´m at the office right now,so I´ll try to look at this tonight to answer your post.

~S~