Sign in to follow this  
Slipstream22

Lost OFF Game Sound

Hi ODD pilots,

I need help trying to figure out how I lost all OFF game sounds. I have performed the following checks plus reinstalls:

1. What does work: All music and transistional screens are O.K. for sound.

2. Checked the Hanger pull down menu during game play and the Sounds box is checked and I have played with the sound level

bars with no success.

3. Checked the OFF workshop sound levels and they all have a number value even when using default levels.

4. I completely uninstalled both the CFS3 3.1 and OFF and reinstalled in correct sequence all patches and updates

several times with no sucess. I even installed CFS3 3.1 and then the basic OFF disk alone with no patches or add ons

with no sucess in getting back the game sound.

5. The game sounds have been working since I originaly purchased OFF and the HAT update so I know that the game does run

properly on my PC in Windows 7.

6. I have run both OFF with different Windows compatabilities, e.g. 95, 98, XP, and as administrator, and the game sounds are still missing.

6. Oddly enough, there is no game sound problems when running the CFS3 game on my PC. It's just that no game sounds in OFF.

Does anybody have any other sound fixes that I may have missed? I would hate to uninstall OFF forever given that I cannot enjoy

the game without sound.

Thanks for any responses.

You didn't press the "Q" key by mistake, did you?

Winston,

I tried pressing the "Q" several times during reinstall and the game sounds do not reappear.

What's strange is that the "Q" key does work in CFS3. It's as if something is missing or corrupted.

I have reinstalled the basic OFF game off the disk and downloaded the patches, etc. from the OFF website so

I'm sure that I get a clean reinstall each time I've tried.

I'm at my wits end. I can't figure it out.

Any other thougts?

Thanks for your reply.

If it were me, before I commit suicide. I'd go into controls and Delete the . .Q. . assignment from sounds, and replace it with some control not utilized in OFF, like . .G . .Gear

That way you can rule out a lot of problems

unclear,

I just treid what you suggested and unfortunately it did not bring back the game sound.

One thing I did notice is that when I toggled either the original "Q" for sound or the added "G" key function,

checking the Sound item on the hanger pull down menu does show the sound either on or off

when toggling these keys. Just nothing happens.

Thanks for your idea.

I'll just hope that someone has had this problem with OFF and found a solution.

If any of the OFF staff can pick up in my discussion in this forum (you may want to read my first message

of this string), please let me know what other tricks I can try to get the game sound back. boredom.gif

You might want to try going to the overrides section and see if you have sound checked. If you don't know how to get there first you bring up the OFF Manager then you go to the workshop area. When in the workshop find the configuration button, in the middle right hand side of the screen I bleave. Click on that and when the game configures you click file, scroll down and click overrides. Then just search for the sound box and see if it's cheaked if it is uncheak it. Hope this helps, Av8er

Slipstream,

Just a "WAG", but check your Windows installation to make sure that nothing in the OS got corrupted, as it happenned when I first installed XP some years ago on my old rig. Everything worked fine, until I went to fly B17 TME, and all the menu sounds were fine, as was the music, but the moment I tried to enter the 3D world, it was like everything was on mute. What I ended up doing, was saving everything I needed on the HD to cd disks, and reformatting the hd, and starting from scratch. It fixed the sound problem though. Funny thing was, it didn't affect anything else. Just B17. You could try a restore point if you haven't yet.

It just sounds like something is corrupted or outta whack. Could be my brain too.

monty_1495378c1.jpg

Also, when you removed CFS and OFF, did you make sure all registry entries were gone too?

The other thing that you can look for (Installshieldinformation) on your main drive in ProgramFiles x86, there will be some folders in there with long string type names. If you open them individually, there should be a setup.ini file that tells you what software it is associated with. Make sure to delete the file if it has any reference to CFS3 or OFF-BHAH. I know those installshield folders used to raise cain with Rowan's BoB if you didn't remove the folder before reinstalling the game.

Hope one of these suggestions work. Although I have no experience with Win7 yet. I may do that in the future when I grab a couple more hard drives so I can set up a nice RAID configuration.

Good one uncleal! Forgot about the "HiddenFolders" part. I don't have any Hidden. I set it up so I can see them all, as it helps sort out issues that can and do arise from time to time. good.gif

You might want to try going to the overrides section and see if you have sound checked. If you don't know how to get there first you bring up the OFF Manager then you go to the workshop area. When in the workshop find the configuration button, in the middle right hand side of the screen I bleave. Click on that and when the game configures you click file, scroll down and click overrides. Then just search for the sound box and see if it's cheaked if it is uncheak it. Hope this helps, Av8er

Av8er,

Your lost game sound fix worked!!!!! I did what you suggested and got the game sound back. Configuring this game can be very squirrely sometimes. Thanks to everyone else that offered their suggestion. Salute! Salute.gif

Glad I could help. Some thing like that happened to me once but instead of the sound it was the detail.

Good to see you have it sorted out slipstream. Nothing worse than a glitch to ruin a good day.