Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

Site changes coming...

I'm posting this here as well as the main news page.

Well, this week has clinched it. We have had several weird line issues here the past week(Bad), combined with the rapid growth we have seen the past few weeks here at Biohaz(Good!), has given me the swift kick in the butt I needed to start getting serious about moving the whole site to a dedicated provider. Up to this point I've ran the site on my DSL line, but it just ain't cuttin' it any more... =)

So here's the status. I have the provider picked out and will be setting things up tonight as soon as I get the last few questions answered. I will be doing some fall cleaning on the site in preparation for the move, then hopefully by this weekend I will do the domain transfer and have the site up and running in it's new home.

Unfortunately, you guys will have to suffer for a few more days, as well as some slight disruption while the DNS record is pushed out, but I think you will like the new changes. I went with a pretty good package (20Gb/month) so we should be good to go for quite awhile.

Stay tuned for more info as it happens.

Sounds good, I guess we will just have to "deal with it" until you can get the site moved but, that should be no problem. 8)

So do you want to hold off on the "Warthog 101" article until the move is complete? :wink:

If you could provide us the ip of the new server, when you have recieved it. It won't be a big deal I think. Using the ip I can get on your site and just a couple of days later (isn´t it 72 hours??) we can use the name again 8)

If you know the ip at a present time, I don´t expect much suffer :wink:

Looking foward to it!! Good luck, sounds like a lot of work.

Cheers

Fates

Sounds good, I guess we will just have to "deal with it" until you can get the site moved but, that should be no problem.  8)  

So do you want to hold off on the "Warthog 101" article until the move is complete?  :wink:

Actually, no, go ahead and get it ready. If it's ready before the move, I'll go ahead and post it. :D