eburger68

SF2V Air & Ground War Expansion Pack v2.0 - Sep. 2014 Update

mynameismatt:

The tank problem with the A-6s is fixed in the Jan 2012 update.

The A-7 tank issue is new -- again, probably because TK re-updated the models to include the tanks. I'll take a closer look later this evening.

Eric Howes

mynameismatt:

I just checked the A-7s -- I don't see a problem. The A-7s have had fueltanknodenames since the start of SF2,and they are properly called out in the DATA.INIs.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

Just did some quick testing. A-6s are good after the Jan patch. (Thought I had installed that already. Doh! :doh:) For the A-7s, it is only with the E model(A,B,C are all good, I didn't check the D). I'm running the May 2012 patch. Anyways, no biggie, its probably something on my end. thanks for your hard work, this is my favorite mod!

Is it just me??

When starting the mod I see the stock SF2 Menu-screen.

I do not believe that this is correct.

What I have to change? I blevieve it should be in options.ini?! (July2012 Patch level, full merged)

By the way everything else is working fine as far as I can see.

Great job. Thank you.

CaptainSchwarz:

This mod does not have custom menu screens. So you will see the stock menu screens.

Eric Howes

Thank you Eric for your quick reply. Tought I had made a mistake during installing.

Thank you SupGen I will give the sound and screens mod a try.

Folks:

This cumulative update package for the SF2V Expansion Pack has been refreshed and updated again. This is a big update, so let me summarize the highlights:

- added 32 new target areas to the North Vietnam terrain
- overhauled dozens of existing target areas
- added 8 new aircraft (some optional variant models)
- added around 20 new ships
- updated most AAA, SAM, & radar objects
- added 7 new Rolling Thunder campaign variants
- added support for SF2NA (but not campaigns)

The above list just covers the most significant changes and updates. Just about every aircraft has been tweaked in some way or another, and dozens if not hundreds of other tweaks or bug fixes have been implemented in other areas of the mod.

I would strongly urge you to peruse the ReadMe, as it contains important information about what's changed with this update. I would call your attention to the following:

- Min. requirements: you must have SF2 & SF2E installed in order to get several standard aircraft

- VPAF Add-on: you must have the VPAF Add-on (available in the downloads section) installed before installing this update package:

http://combatace.com/files/file/11794-sf2v-air-ground-war-expansion-pack-v20-vpaf-add-on/

- Before proceeding with the main part of the installation process, you will entirely remove and replace three aircraft (incl. decals) -- see the ReadMe for instructions

So, please do have a look at the ReadMe before diving in. It just might save you some grief later on.

Eric Howes

Sounds great, Eric - download is running.

Quick question: does this update include Stary's just updated Green Hell 3.5?

stingray77:

No, it does not. As with Green Hell 3.0, the new target areas in the Expansion Pack were not designed to fit the particular terrain features of those tiles. If users want to add it, they can easily do so.

Eric Howes

Hi eburger68!

First i want to say thank you for this fantastic package! Absolutely the most immersive Vietnam campaign I've ever played.  :biggrin:

I installed everything today and it seems to run just fine.

First i played around with different planes and it ran just beautifull.

Then I decided to start a campaign in 1965 - Operation Linebacker (A). I chose the USMC and picked the F-4C.

But when the game loaded up I couldnt hear no sound from the engines. All other sounds worked fine though, Speach, cannons, AAA and so on.

I tried to start other campaigns with different planes and all I tried worked just fine.

Any ideas what went wrong?  :blind:

Rocket74:

The first problem is the fact that you chose to fly a USMC F-4C. No such thing exists. There are USMC F-4Bs and USAF F-4Cs, but no USMC F-4Cs.

I just checked the sole USMC F-4B that's flyable in the RT-A campaign -- it worked just fine. I also checked the two USAF F-4C squadrons available in the campaign -- both worked just fine.

So, I would recommend double-checking the service, aircraft, and squadron you selected.

Also, in addition to knowing the above (service, aircraft, squadron), it would be helpful to know what patch level you're on.

Eric Howes

Rocket74:

The first problem is the fact that you chose to fly a USMC F-4C. No such thing exists. There are USMC F-4Bs and USAF F-4Cs, but no USMC F-4Cs.

I just checked the sole USMC F-4B that's flyable in the RT-A campaign -- it worked just fine. I also checked the two USAF F-4C squadrons available in the campaign -- both worked just fine.

So, I would recommend double-checking the service, aircraft, and squadron you selected.

Also, in addition to knowing the above (service, aircraft, squadron), it would be helpful to know what patch level you're on.

Eric Howes

Hi Eric and thank you for the fast answer!

Yes you are totally right it was a typo of mine. USMC F-4B is the one i flew.

I'm on the latest patch of March 2013

Rocket74:

OK, as I said, I just tried the sole USMC F-4B squadron in that campaign, and it worked just fine.

If a game mission starts like you describe, that usually indicates a serious problem with the aircraft -- either it's missing a cockpit or the game can't find the LOD files for the aircraft, etc.

So, I would check out that aircraft in a single mission. Does the F-4B exist on the aircraft selection menu? Can you fly it with a USMC squadron/texture set?

Also, ThirdWire never released a March 2013 patch. There was a March 2012 patch, a May 2013 patch, and a July 2013 patch, which is the latest.

Eric Howes

Rocket74:

OK, as I said, I just tried the sole USMC F-4B squadron in that campaign, and it worked just fine.

If a game mission starts like you describe, that usually indicates a serious problem with the aircraft -- either it's missing a cockpit or the game can't find the LOD files for the aircraft, etc.

So, I would check out that aircraft in a single mission. Does the F-4B exist on the aircraft selection menu? Can you fly it with a USMC squadron/texture set?

Also, ThirdWire never released a March 2013 patch. There was a March 2012 patch, a May 2013 patch, and a July 2013 patch, which is the latest.

Eric Howes

Well, plz forgive me for mixing stuff up but i'm very new at this game and yes it's the July 2013 patch that i have installed.

I tried some single missions with all the different F-4 variants B,C,D etc and none of them has sound for the engines.

Seems like its the only plane that misses it though after testing lots.

Was going trough the F-B_Data.ini and found this:

[sound]
EngineSoundName=J79
AfterburnerSoundName=J79Burner
DamagedEngineSoundName=
FlapsSoundName=Flaps
AirbrakesSoundName=Airbrakes
GearsSoundName=Gear
StallsoundName=StallSound
WindSoundName=kfirairflow
EngineSoundPosition=0.0,-3.64,0.00

Can't seem to find the soundfile named J79 though in the soundfolder in my MOD folder, maby this is the problem?

Rocket74:

Ah, I misunderstood your original post. So, it was only an engine sound problem. I thought the game mission was not loading properly. My mistake,

So, it turns out that I forgot to include the new F-4 engine sounds in the update package. (sigh) They are attached to this post:

http://combatace.com/topic/46246-sf2v-wov-air-ground-expansion-packs/page-26?do=findComment&comment=638874

Simply unpack the RAR file and drop the WAV files in the \Sounds dir of your Mods folder.

I will upload a corrected version of the update package in a day or so.

Eric Howes

Rocket74:

Ah, I misunderstood your original post. So, it was only an engine sound problem. I thought the game mission was not loading properly. My mistake,

So, it turns out that I forgot to include the new F-4 engine sounds in the update package. (sigh) They are attached to this post:

http://combatace.com/topic/46246-sf2v-wov-air-ground-expansion-packs/page-26?do=findComment&comment=638874

Simply unpack the RAR file and drop the WAV files in the \Sounds dir of your Mods folder.

I will upload a corrected version of the update package in a day or so.

Eric Howes

No problem mate!

I was thinking i did some mistake during the update process and was scratching my head over where i went wrong hehe.

Thank you sir for fixing it in such a short notice!  :biggrin:

stingray77:

No, it does not. As with Green Hell 3.0, the new target areas in the Expansion Pack were not designed to fit the particular terrain features of those tiles. If users want to add it, they can easily do so.

Eric Howes

Hi Eric

Thanks for your clarification... I will try and check out, what trouble GH3.5 will bring to my XP...

And I saw that the XP-update needs SF2 and SF2E to show all goodies. I am a bit reluctant of buying those "just for the XP's benefit" (although admittedly it seems to introduce a ton of great things!) - what I wanted to try/check out is whether it will be possible just to extract some of the nices from the XP and put it into my previous version (like CVAN-65 i.e.)....

Edited by stingray77

Stingray77:

I'm sorry, but I am no longer providing workarounds or substitutes.

The minimum requirements have changed. They are SF2V plus SF2 & SF2E.

If you don't want to get those SF2 modules, then my advice would be not to install the Sept. 2013 update.

Eric Howes

Absolutely clear and no problem... We'll see, maybe your update will bring TW another sale - as I KNOW that your quality on the Expansion Pack is absolutely terrific! ;)

Thanks

Folks:

The Sept. 2013 Update package has been updated. It now includes the previously missing F-4 sound files (same as posted above).

Eric Howes

Hello

I have a problem with American war 1 campaign :

if I choose the Mig-21PFV I start in 1966, but I still fly Frescos

same for Mig21F13