Sign in to follow this  
SGCSG1

Views aren't working ?!?

This game drives me nuts. None of my 'look around' views are working. Numpad 2, 3, 7, etc. Use with scroll-lock to toggle from snap to slide view. Well, none of them work. I'm using my own keyboard map. Do user-generated keyboard maps just not work in this game?

I thought maybe it was because of the 'you padlocked a target that crashed and now you have to unpadlock, but that doesn't seem to help anything.

No, I'm not using Trackir (I get migraines).

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. I've finally got some time to spend on this sim and would like to get it working right.

You best program your controlls by hand, I think.

That is funny - as far as I remember, one can't change a key setting at once.

I had to click "assign additional key" or how it's called. Now you enter your desired setting.

After that, you may delete the original first one.

You could get a "THRUSTMASTER T. Flight Stick X" with a head button for panning views

for some 30,- Dollar, I suppose.

I used that before TrackIR; I had a thumb button assigned to toggle between snap and slide view.

With the top hat I could now get either 8 fixed view angles, or move my slide view.

I was pretty good at it after a while.

I don't think, TrackIR would give you migranes, as it is just like glide view - only that your head moves

controll it instead of a hat switch. Nothing gets close to it, once you familiarised yourself with it.

It's a bit expensive to buy, only to find, it DOES give you headaches, but when you know someone you

could borrow it from - might be worth a try?

Allow me to say the views in CFS3 are pretty poor, that's why most folks use Trackir or Free Track in OFF. But if you can't, you can't, and that's, that.

Scroll Lock is supossed to be 45 Degrees up. And the numbers ONLY WORK with the Number Lock on . . . . . or is it off

In case you can't tell, I use trackir

Thanks, it was the Num-lock.

Nope, that wasn't it.

Even with numlock on or off I still LOOSE ALL MY KEYPAD VIEWS. I'm in the game, I'm flying, I'm padlocking people, I'm turning on labels, I'm doing a bunch of stuff. I shoot a guy down. I CAN'T CHANGE MY INSIDE VIEWS ANYMORE.

I've tried to 'unpadlock' (hitting '~' again), NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK.

What is the deal here? Is this a bug? Or some 'undocumented feature' that I need to work around?

All comments welcome.

Try the Scroll Lock button. My wireless keyboard doesn't have one, but if I hit F12 I can pan around with the hat switch on my stick. Don't have track ir either. I don't fly enough to warrent it. And I'm so used to the old school of padlock, on and off to keep oriented, that I get along just fine that way. I think Scroll Lock helps with using the keypad too, but not positive, as I don't care to scan the sky with the keys. Too many keys and joystick buttons to worry about as it is.

Hope it helps!

Never heard that before SGC, maybe if you slow down and try to test which keys sequence, or combination make it stop it working? Could be you have an odd one bound somewhere that screws it once pressed, also check for any other background program that likes to have hot keys assigned.

Never heard that before SGC, maybe if you slow down and try to test which keys sequence, or combination make it stop it working? Could be you have an odd one bound somewhere that screws it once pressed, also check for any other background program that likes to have hot keys assigned.

Here's what I've found this morning: If I don't have a plane targeted and I hit 'padlock' then the snap views stop working. This is obviously not a problem, if you're in padlock you aren't doing snap around viewing. If your padlocked target crashes then your snap views are still disabled. I can fix this by just hitting the 'padlock' key again.

I thought I'd been doing that after shooting down all the enemies and still couldn't get snaps to work. But this morning it all worked fine. I'll keep experimenting, but this morning all I have to do is cycle 'padlock' with no target selected and I get my views back.