Sign in to follow this  
SlickWili

Lomac V1.02 (beta 12)

Carl reports some bad news on the Beta 12 release of LOMAC v1.02:

We tested all weekend with Beta 12 adn are not satisfied with the several performance related issues. We are awaiting a new build.

I wish I had better news but all of us, Matt, myself, and all the Testers, feel that this last build just wasn't performing at an acceptable level.

We appreciate your patience.

Carl

Pffft....this for me has turned into a big "who cares?"

I haven't played LOMAC in months... :rolleyes:

I concur the waiting is getting rediculous. First it's going well, then it's not. All of this should have been done before the release of the program. But then again, that's not how you make money.

It's just getting really frustrating to think that Pacific Fighters and BOB will probably be released before this patch.... SIMHQ forum is just about dead now.

Carl said UBI forced ED to release LOMAC too soon. Then again I think if we had to wait til now to get the finished product we'd all be going insane :P

And watch out for the new addon, Carl spoke to me about his plans and they sound very exciting!

T-Bone

will this add-on be a buy iy or a free download type?

Addon will need to be purchased of course as with all things these days. Apparently UBI will not be distributing due to some bad feelings between ED and UBI. UBIsoft obviously pressured Eagle into releasing LOMAC before it was ready, but at least it wasn't nearly as bad as Falcon 4.0 when it was released. This new addon sounds REALLY exciting... you guys need to keep your eyes peeled because it will add a new dimension to LOMAC... literally :lol:

Ok thats too much info... have fun!

T-Bone

We are beta testing version 12 right now and have spent Approx 12 hours a day testing during the weekends.

Trust me folks you dont want to jump ship just yet because if you do you will miss out.

Matt has posted a list of all the changes and fixes plus screenshots have been posted to show some of the new features.

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=...606&m=564107993

Just be patient folks, we are working as fast as we can.

Edited by Snacky

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know I just want the patch done right more than fast. Get the bugs worked out, I know my LOMAC install's not leaving my drive for quite awhile. Hell, I lived through the F4 fiasco, this is nothing! ;)