Sign in to follow this  
Winston DoRight

Bug reports

In addition to not being able to use rockets in multiplayer on the N-17 bis and N-24 bis, we have noticed another problem with the bomb release in the Strutters. In both single player and MP, somewhere along the way, not sure if it was after HitR or the subsequent patch, that it's now not nesessary to open the bomb-bay doors before you drop your bombs. Not sure about the other bomber craft or even if any others have bomb-bay doors, but before HitR I believe it was necessary to open the doors before the bombs would come out. Anyone else remember this? dntknw.gif

Winston, if you have serious issues, you should mail them to:

support@overflandersfields.com

Better than posting "bugs" here, where no one can really help you further.

And since I did mail to the devs myself, I know they react very quick.

Thanks for the info. Yes it would seem that would be the way to do it.

If I were absolutely sure the bomb-bay doors can be considered and issue I'd gladly do that. First I'll need some feedback from other members on whether this was introduced recently or has been this way from the start, or if everybody just likes the fact that you can do this! As I remember it was NOT possible in the past to drop them without opening the doors, but then again I may be confusing this with CFS3 and/or ETO.

As for any MP problems, I find the same bugs we reported 9 months ago and many patches since, none have been addressed. Are they still wanting reports on MP I wonder?

Any of the bomb loads, 2x40lb or 4x40lb bombs that both the Strutters can carry can be dropped without opening the bomb-bay doors. This is true in single player campaign, quick combat, and multiplayer. I'm trying to find out if this is a concern to anyone or if anyone remembers for sure if this is a recently introduced event or did this always happen in OFF.

In other words, are you guys comfortable with this unrealistic feature? Since there's a command to open the bomb-bay doors and it works and can be visibly seen opening and closing (you can see them open and close if you look under the a/c) is everyone OK with this, or is this something you want reported to be looked at by the dev team? dntknw.gif

and yes, the dive brakes are there and they still work properly as before.

It was always possible to drop the bombs with the bomb bay open in the strutter - it was that way when I made it. Nothing changed there at all.

Rockets in MP not sure probably a loadout issue in the XDP used for MP (for which you probably use a different one?, do you use modified ones?) - there are several options in Workshop for MP XDPs.

............It was always possible to drop the bombs with the bomb bay open in the strutter - it was that way when I made it. Nothing changed there at all....

Yes, but should you be able to drop them with the bomb-bay closed? That's the way it is now.

this is new......never thought there were bomb bay doors on anything....let alone opening ones.....I'll go check and beam back in...as far as I know...never having flown as a bomber....all ordinance was just clamped under the wings or on the struts...and these seem to be modeled perfectly

It was always possible to drop the bombs with the bomb bay open in the strutter - it was that way when I made it. Nothing changed there at all.

Rockets in MP not sure probably a loadout issue in the XDP used for MP (for which you probably use a different one?, do you use modified ones?) - there are several options in Workshop for MP XDPs.

Pol, can you elaborate a bit on the statement re: XDP for multiplayer? So far we've just been testing the stock versions, no mods.

well....you're absolutely right....the bombs do drop thru the doors without opening them....can't do it in CFS3...made many a futile pass across the target in CFS3 banging on the pickle switch having forgotten to open the doors....the bombs won't release. I'm sure the devs will lift a leg on this....the best follow up/support around.....cheers

I'd agree with that. The OFF devs seem to be the most comittted in the Industry. So far, they're results have been fantastic!!

well....you're absolutely right....the bombs do drop thru the doors without opening them....can't do it in CFS3...made many a futile pass across the target in CFS3 banging on the pickle switch having forgotten to open the doors....the bombs won't release. I'm sure the devs will lift a leg on this....the best follow up/support around.....cheers

Thanks gaw, for verifing this for me. I need a few more users to chime in here about whether they like this "bug" as it is or want it fixed. I'd be inclined to report it and ask for it to be fixed, since there's no way the bombs come out of a craft in the original CFS3 game until you open those doors. Seems a bit odd to me to have created so much realism in this sim and then to have found such an unrealistic feature.

no need to report really.....the devs are reading this too....instance Pol's response above....and it's not really a question of liking or not liking the door thingie....it's an anomaly that'll no doubt be added to a loooong list of refinements that are a part of the evolution of OFF....you'll see patches, new phases from time to time and I'd not be surprised if the bomb/door fix is among them......so, good find!

no need to report really.....the devs are reading this too....instance Pol's response above....and it's not really a question of liking or not liking the door thingie....it's an anomaly that'll no doubt be added to a loooong list of refinements that are a part of the evolution of OFF....you'll see patches, new phases from time to time and I'd not be surprised if the bomb/door fix is among them......so, good find!

Gaw,

Winston's a member of the OFF multiplayer community and has put a hell of a lot of time and effort into keeping the MP aspect of this simulation alive. The devs have known about the problems we experience in MP for months and the only issue they have addressed so far (for which they have my eternal gratitude) is the compatibiltiy problems that occurred when the ability to change the FOV was introduced in Workshops which caused aircraft mismatch errors in MP.

In addition to the problems with having Le Prieur rockets attached to the Nieuport 17 Bis and the Nieuport 24 Bis Lewis causing the game to crash when attempting to join an MP game, there are problems with the Nieuport 17 Lewis, the Sopwith Triplane with twin Vickers and both variants of the Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter of the original P3 plane set that either cause them to be invisible in MP games if flown by the AI, or make the game client crash if a player attempts to fly one. Although the reason for this is suspected to be the length of the name of the aircraft being longer than that allowed in CFS3, the devs have yet to do anything about it - and this is despite Stumpjumper having isolated the issue and amending the stock 1 1/2 Strutters to be flyable in MP by creating add-on aircraft. Even the list of the new HitR aircraft that have issues in MP have dropped off the list of fixes in the dev's stickied To Do list. We don't want to have to rely on the dedicated members of the MP community to keep this aspect of the simulation alive when the fixes we need are being made available to OBD through their hard work and determination.

The emails that members of the MP community have sent to the devs regarding the issues we experience have either been met with a auto-generated reply or nothing at all, whereas posts in the public forums at least obtain a response. So I say "Go Winston!" :clapping:

Vasco :pilotfly:

:pilot:Only Multiplayer Aces Get Confirmed Kills :pilot:

Edited by Vasco

Well said Vasco. Yes, all the planes that are unflyable in multiplayer were reported to the devs 9 months ago and a few other items as well. No fixes have yet been done on the first MP bug reports. Now the new Strutters made by Stumpjumper that we currently use in MP are a great success. Too bad the left hand isn't talking to the right. Or is the other hand not listening?

I would think that if the dev team had devoted only a portion of their time to address our MP problems, then we'd all be as happy as the single player users with all the great fixes and modifications and add ons that they've done for that aspect of the game. I'm grateful for the single player fixes, mods and add ons. They give us a base starting point for multiplayer, and I fly almost as much single player too!

While this game is fantastic in single player, you have only experienced half of it if you haven't flown a co-op mission online!yikes.gif