Sign in to follow this  
kentcol

WW1 Recreation

Amazing. Only the Americans to do this reenactments.

Thanks for sharing it. :good:

that is the best MP if ever seen.

Must be a blast to do something like that.

thanks for sharing.

morris

absolutely amazing. thanks for sharing good.gif .

especially how they showed AC from the trenches POV. that showed how the sight for the trenchsoldier must have been.

from 3:14 several seconds on looked so familiar to me. like looking around with trackir. that also shows when you look at the ground, how detailed and realistic looking the secenerie in BHAH is, with the different colors of the fields, trenches etc. that real footage didn't look too different than in BHAH. drinks.gif

Thanks for posting the link.

Only thing i noticed is the pilots seem to be much older than those pilots in the real war. I guess they are the ones who can afford to have a flyable WWI fighter.

Really great job these re-enactment groups do.

Looks awesome!

I wonder what they do when someone dies. Do they come back?

I imagine they'd run out of people really fast if they all died.

~Jake

Years ago when I lived in Idaho a small GA airport had 3 WW1 replica aircraft that looked about the same size as the ones flying in the reenactment. I can't remember how many times when I was out that way, I would stop and look them over again. That's the kind of tissue paper and balsa wood models I liked to build when I was a kid. I never did get to see them fly and one day the hanger they were in burnt down and the planes were a total loss. What a shame. I bet building one of those replicas could be a lot of fun. Too bad I never got a pilots license in all my years in the Air Force, altho wouldn't be flying now anyway. Too old to pass the physical.

Not sure if this has been posted before but this is a nice WW1 recreation!

http://www.weekendwa...pages/gwaa.html

Well... I know where I'm going this year!!! Pennsy is right next door to NY... :good::good:

Looks fantastic! (if a little arrid for the western front lol). The great war society in the UK have a stretch of recreated trench complete with frost and mud... not many planes though!

Hoping to join the great war society next year and will hopefully get to travel over to some of the larger US events although mostly will be on marches and original battlefields in france.

Iv'e noticed looking through youtube that even though America fought in WW1 most americans prefer to dress up as Germans? Doughboys seem to be greatly outnumbered!

For anyone else interested here is the link for the british great war society. Watch the vid, nice shot of a tripe going over!

http://www.thegreatwarsociety.com/