Sign in to follow this  
rltrahan

Problem with maintaining throttle

Hello,

I looked in the help section and didnt see this addressed but I just did a reeinstall of off with all the updates then hat in a ring with its updates and when I try to play the game I have problems with maintaining the throttle speed. No matter what I do to constantly change speed it seems to default back to 17% throttle. I have to constantly give throttle to maintain lift otherwise Ill crash as it wants to stay at 17%. Ive change settings of the mixtures, flight difficulty and pretty much every variation to see if anything would effect it and nothing did so it has to be something in the install. Anyone ever had this problem ?

Russ

Edited by rltrahan

What kind of throttle do you use?

What kind of throttle do you use?

Its the throttle speed reeding you see in the virtual cockpit. Ive tried changing the views as well but nothing seems to work. I think I might just try to do a complete reeinstall.

i think the lever on your joystick is broken. i had a similar problem years ago. everytime im maxed throttle it jumped back. maybe if you try to deactivate throttlecontrol in the joystick settings (ingame - esc - control settings) to check. if, then you have to use the numbers on your keyboard instead.

Its the throttle speed reeding you see in the virtual cockpit. Ive tried changing the views as well but nothing seems to work. I think I might just try to do a complete reeinstall.

I use the throttle on the AV8R-01 joystick which I had used this with just the OFF BH&H before they came out with Hat in the Ring and it worked fine. It worked as wll with CFS3 so I know its not the joystick as afr as I can tell.

Is it necasarry to load up the CFS3 game at least one time IE: running it one time before installing OFF when doing a complete reeinstall?

when your game starts..hit escape to get to the hanger dropdown and select controls...along where it shows your input device, there should be a calibrate,,,calibrat the stick

assuming the throttle works when calibrating, I might suggest you dbl check your settings for thrttle control...maybe the axis isnt mapped right.