Sign in to follow this  
Red-Dog

Whats up with european OFFERs

Come on boy's and Girl's we need more MP flyers on this side of the pond?

Up to yet on a average we get 4 US flyers to 1 european?

So whats the problem?

Just think about your wingman being another humam and being able to attack as a unit this is what we all dream of, flying in a WW1 sqd and this is what MP's all about 6/8/10/12 aircraft all working together.

I was in to SP big time until i started MP and once youv'e given it a go you won't want to go back, so PM me if you want to try it one on one i will be glad to help. Salute.gif

One multiplayer pilot is worth 5 AI pilots.

I saved the most challenging missions from my single player campaign in RNAS-6 and converted them for use in the Saturday multiplayer sessions. Most of these missions I could not complete in single player. The enemy planes kept me and my AI wingmen from ever reaching the mission ground target or made me run for home with my tail between my legs on the air-to-air missions.

Today my multiplayer mates all rose to the challenge and we sliced through the enemy air opposition with ease. We encountered vereran as well as real named Ace pilots and lots of them! Hats off to the "Aces of Saturday". You shall from here on be recognized as having no equal in the skies over France this day, 11 March 1917. drinks.gif

* Axgrinder

* Burning Beard

* Sitting Duck

* Red Dog

* Loopy

* Willy Coppit (Simon)

and myself. I'm too humbled by the performance of the above distinguished fliers to place my name here.

post-46040-12648990156712.jpg

Boys, I WILL do, when all the recent private help jobs for friends are done - promised.

(One couple moving out; we must renovate the flat; another couple moves into a house

they bought before Xmas; lots of work there still).

If the skins could be flown individually, couldn't all craft have a different ID letter, so you

could switch off the disturbing labels?

Aching to get back in to multiplayer. Fell off the Boys of 60 lorry when real life got a bit too demanding, and sad to say it hasn't eased in the 2 years since.

Doesn't help when I've got a 71/2 stone Ridgeback taking me for a walk 3 times a day. He's 2 now. Wow, didn't notice the maths....hmmm.

Work hasn't eased off, and I have to beat it down with a stick at weekends.

Give it a couple more months and hopefully, .....hopefully, I might be signing on the dotted line again. MP is good fun, and I do want to get back in the groove.

Ssshh, keep it secret, but I'm not really putting the hours in to SP these days. I did start a campaign flight on Friday, and found I was losing my grasp on the commands!!!

Need to teach my Ridgeback how to fly, problem solved . He adores being on anything high, & always has. He's pretty smart for a hound, and a pain in the t___s when he's bored.

Edit - piccy wasn't staged. The wee dog likes to copy the big fella, but fill's his shorts when he gets there.

post-45899-12649417790431.jpg

post-45899-12649429581984.jpg

Edited by Flyby PC

Hello,

@ Flyby: looks like the watchdog memorial good.gif

Regarding playing OFF online - also would like, but have already withdrawn from RedBaron J_5 online, since time's pretty scarce. We have to finish building a house, and kitchen and some other parts are still in the works, the first floor is not ready to live in at all, and we have only one PC installed, temporarily in the living room ..

How much MP is possible with OFF ? The last time i checked it was only cooperation fligths, meaning several human players on one side, against the AI on the other. It would certainly be more fun to have two human sides (chivalrously competing against each other like in RedBaron 3d - is this even possible with OFF ?

Thanks and greetings,

Catfish

Edited by Wels

There are seveal mp pilots who would also like to see campaign missions with ppl on both sides, so im sure its going to come around eventually.

Big reason why it has NOT come around sooner is that the existing mp pilots understand the foremost reason a new pilot may be hesitant to join into MP is the fear of gettting hammered (human nature......) So we try to keep the sessions in a format where pilots of all skill levels can have as much fun as possible, and human vrs ai is a better theater for that.

And keep in mind, hosting games is not rocket science, its actually pretty easy. If this is the venure you would like to see, you could always put up a session for others to join.

We would like to see more ppl hosting just as much as we would like to see more pilots playing.

Are there still perplexing missmatch issues defying the laws of physics? - Not to point the finger at OFF, it's a CFS3 issue.

Spoiled a lot of the fun.

With CFS3, you felt like wrapping your pc up in polythene after a successful multiplayer mission, just so the perfect alignment of your settings, hardware, aircraft, updates, scenery, teamspeak, fraps and trackIR would still be working again next week.

I'm not asking to scare away newcomers to multiplayer, because it is definitely worth the effort when everything clicks.....ok.gif

...... The last time i checked it was only cooperation fligths, meaning several human players on one side, against the AI on the other. It would certainly be more fun to have two human sides (chivalrously competing against each other like in RedBaron 3d - is this even possible with OFF ?

To expand on what Sitting Duck said, adversarial flights are not only possible but just as easy to set up as co-op. You naturally need a few extra people in the session and in converted single player campaign missions you simply have to make a few enemy flights flyable. The option to join either side is always present in the MP load screen. As the Saturday sessions progress, we'll switch from flying the N-17's of RNAS-6 to the Albatros DIII's that we're flying against now. Perhaps later we'll fly the same missions from yet another viewpoint of having players on both sides against each other. For now the Saturday sessions are designed to get the new multiplayer pilot up and running and we'd rather not scare anyone away with adversarial flights right now.

The only problem that arises is the unreal attitudes that you may see in the enemy plane your dogfighting with. Due to the level of detail (LOD) in the OFF models (it's very high) sometimes during hard turns the craft in front of you will appear to be flying askew from it's normal flight path, or the smoke from the engine exhaust is trailing at unreal angles. The original CFS3 didn't have this problem, the models had nowhere near the LOD as in OFF.

.........Are there still perplexing missmatch issues defying the laws of physics? - Not to point the finger at OFF,

The old dreaded a/c mismatches are a thing of the past if you have the following: Hat in the Ring expansion and the latest patch installed. Then Madmatts essential MP autoinstaller. Finally Stumpjumpers Strutters which are available on teamspeak. We have had none of the old a/c mismatches if you have these items installed. There's a few other things you'll need like teamspeak and the grid map, etc. All are rather simple and quick to get. All the links and more info here: http://forum.combata...ay-mp-sessions/

Snowed under with commision work at the moment... not even time for single player! Will definitely be up for some MP when I have free time again though!

Okay I want to play multiplayer but the last time I did was with Janes Fleet Command back in 2003!!! damn thats a while ago now... Anyway I just need to be brought up to speed on a few things e.g. files etc make sure I have the right ones (I downloaded everything and uploaded it in correct order) and I need to get a head set oh and learn how to fly the bliddy plane right still flys screwy to me... :lol:

Okay I want to play multiplayer but the last time I did was with Janes Fleet Command back in 2003!!! damn thats a while ago now... Anyway I just need to be brought up to speed on a few things e.g. files etc make sure I have the right ones (I downloaded everything and uploaded it in correct order) and I need to get a head set oh and learn how to fly the bliddy plane right still flys screwy to me... lol.gif

Drop me a PM when you get your headset and have teamspeak installed. I'll meet you there, walk you through a few simple setup steps in the game and make sure you're sorted out.

"a new pilot may be hesitant to join into MP is the fear of gettting hammered"

I've been doing MP for a while now, and I can confidently state that even with some hours of MP under my belt, neophyte MPers would be in absolutely no danger whatsoever of being shot down by me. I'm beginning to take an almost perverse pride in my inability to shoot things down, and Winston will probably be able to confirm that I'm also rubbish at taxiing on the airfield. Scratch 3 N17's, eh?

I'd recommend MP to anyone, unreservedly. It's fun, straightforward and everyone I've met online has been immensely helpful and forebearing. If you can afford the time - and we now have a choice of Saturdays and Sundays - then it's a uniquely enjoyable experience. About the only investment I had to make was in a headset (phones and mike), and these are, in any case, my default sound setup nowadays so as not to scare the cats and long-suffering spouse.

Cheers,

Si

Guest British_eh

Hi there:

Some of the best fun was mucking about after ther mission. One fellow, quite a good pilot, and a deadly shooter, would come in to the Aerodrome for the landing upside down, flipping over at some 200 feet. Fun to watch. Another, OK, it was Rabu, was definately heavy handed at the landings, so you had best be out of the way on his approach. He was a great sport about tearing through the tents, having not throttled down quite enough for the landing:)

Look forward to coming out, perhaps 2 weeks from now when I get my renovated home office back.

Cheers,

British_eh

I'm glad to see there are some positive responses by you guys across the pond! Lots of us regular MPer's have tried to coax you over with little or no luck. Maybe Winston will have better luck. As I have said many times before once you try it you will be hooked. I know this won't happen to most, but, once I got online with MP I don't play the game in SP mode anymore. To quiet! I love the Human aspect of MP games. Nice shot Mate, Watch your six Winston, That sort of thing. Very enjoyable.

Cheers Winston DoRight I will do that Teamspeak is installed just need to sort time out as I am in old England... be a couple of weeks though as I need to source a good headset

As to getting shot to bits nothing new there then at least I can say it was a human being instead of the pesky Computer... :rofl:

Slarti,

When you've finished putting Fjords on Crete, have a look at the USB phones/mike combos in PC World (no, really!). Mine cost me about £20, and it is superb - no arsing about with those poxy little jacks, just stick in the USB port and off you go. The colonial chaps will be able to sort out the rest with you.

Cheers,

Si

Wow Simon, USB headphones? pretty cool! I wish i had USB wireless headphones. I should look into that.

Slarti,

When you've finished putting Fjords on Crete, have a look at the USB phones/mike combos in PC World (no, really!). Mine cost me about £20, and it is superb - no arsing about with those poxy little jacks, just stick in the USB port and off you go. The colonial chaps will be able to sort out the rest with you.

Cheers,

Si

Cheers for that good old PC Thief strikes again... :lol: will look into that as I have enough wires to last me 3 lifetimes thats what I get working in IT... Was investigating something similar at my local IT Shoppe round the corner from Mrs Miggins Pie Emporium... you know working in IT you'd have thought I would have got round to a set long ago but nope I like terrifying the neighbours with the sound of Machine Guns... at 3am... as to our colonial brethren I suppose one must one must :lol:

Edited by Slartibartfast

I used to like Multiplayer (I was in a Medal of Honor clan)...but in the end, I used to end up so frustrated.

Life gets in the way...and I found myself either not being able to attend myself..or waiting for other players to join..that I felt pressured into being in a certain place, at a certain time....just got too much hassle in the end...so, I stopped doing it...and I guess, I still feel that I could do without.

Sorry

UKW,

Why not try the Saturday stuff (Winston's)?

I frequently - probably to the exasperation of other players - have to bail out of long MP sessions (I can't usually afford much more than 45mins - 90mins, depending on circumstances), but I can say without hesitation that everyone has been very accommodating of my flitishness. Indeed, it's got to the point where I've turned up late, been welcomed into a mission that's already under way and no-one's said a dicky bird about it. That's just class.

Everyone knows that MP requires some commitment - but so does firing up your PC to play BH&H solo. I'd say, just bob in and try a mission: you don't have to sign up for the whole war, or even the whole evening. And apart from anything else, it'd be very nice to meet some more OFFers online, regardless of how long they could stay; as I've already said, I could hardly be classed as hard core, but nobody minds.

And that, I guess, says an awful lot about the sort of people who do MP - they're pretty much the sort of people I'd be happy to know IRL and with whom I'd be happy to share a beer/cup of Earl Grey.

Cheers,

Si

Edited by themightysrc

Thanks Si

Ok, I will give it some thought :good:

Everyone is welcome at the Saturday sessions, no long term committment is necessary. Come whenever you can, leave whenever you want. You owe it to yourself to see what multiplayer is all about in this sim. The camaraderie and atmosphere just cannot be experienced in single player mode.

Yeah..Iv'e played one on one a few times with a friend...and it was pretty neat..may well drop by :drinks: