Sign in to follow this  
Guest British_eh

Ideas for P4, ( although I'm sure you have enough)

Guest British_eh

Hi there OBD:

First we must compliment Winder, Pol, and the TEAM for a great sim.

Having procured a number of WWI aviation books, it seems evident that much has been done to authenticate this sim.

I saw on the boards there was a comment on Bomber pilots, and such, being able to have somewhat different parameters for success, vs. Scout pilots. Perhaps a very good idea?

With regards to FLAK, and Obs balloons, there was a distinct change in FLAK with the advent of the German 88's. In 1918 FLAK got seriously dangerous. Should there be recommended settings for this time period?

In addition to the Bomber pilot requests, at the Front, Balloons were usually paired with a second balloon, so that they could triangulate where artillery fire should be directed and where it fell. Would it be possible to add such balloons to the current balloon locations so as to add to the immersion factor?

In addition, on cloudy days, when a RAF bombing run was taking place, searchlights were used to enhance ground fire accuracy. Is it possible to include such? Also night flights were the staple for the RAF bomber's in 1918. Can such be added to the missions, with targets of Industrial sites, and bridges too?

Too many requests perhaps, but would be glad to help with research, etc.

Regards,

British_eh

for me only two things are most important, everything else is just a bonus.

first, more two seaters. there should be at least 60% two seaters in the air, the rest scouts.

but for me the MOST important part, is the holy grail of smart regrouping from a dogfight without one side beeing wiped out.

stopping to fight and flying straight in some direction is not regrouping but a sitting duck. i mean smart regrouping. like evasive moves and when having advantage of altitude, then flying away. a short clash for 3 minutes, then both sides seperate again and go on. often without a single casualty, as it was in real.

My idea is on the landing away from ur home airfield.

The further away u land ur plane the longer it should take u to reconnect with ur sqd/Jasta.

And

If ur plane is severally damaged it should also take longer before u can fly the next mission.

Regards.

Morris

The further away u land ur plane the longer it should take u to reconnect with ur sqd/Jasta.

And

If ur plane is severally damaged it should also take longer before u can fly the next mission.

Regards.

Morris

would be a cool feature. currently i'm doing it myself. when i shoot an enemy down over friendly lines which is not too far from my airfield, i manually advance time to the next mission (investigating wreckage etc.). when landing a crippled aicraft at my airfield, i also advance one mission to give the groundcrews time to patch and fix my aicraft. the same if landing somewhere else. it takes some time, hours, maybe even half a day to get back with train, car etc.

if my AC is damaged beyond repair, i sometimes advance one, sometimes two days, even 3 days, waiting for a new one. occasionally it also happens sometimes i want to fly although not having my own AC, so i just take default squadron colors for some missions till my new one is painted again.

by the way, one thing i had in mind wich might be improved are the waypoints. usually in real an average sortie lastet around 90 minutes. currently you are flying to your assigned area, make two turnes and fly back home. when it's rather near your airfield the sortie lasts maybe 30 minutes. if you want to have longer sorties, then you have to chose missions with long waypoints to a different area.

it should be you fly to your relativley near frontarea, and patrol between waypoints not twice but maybe 6 times or so, also when warping. i think rb3d made it quite correct. most of the time should be making your patrol, not getting there. just an idea wich shouldn't be too hard to do.

I wonder how much more can be done in P4.

It's such an advanced sim now..I can really only see that addon packs are for the future.

And

Regards.

Morris

Hi Morris,

really great ideas! I would like to see this ideas.

I think the manager could represent a little more the Squadron life, like

1.) aircraft managing:

for example: squadron Jasta2 has 2 Alb.D II 3 Alb D.I and 6 Halberstadt.

If a craft is damaged it takes some time to get repaired. If it's destroyed it would be filled up with a not so good one.

The Squadron leader arrange the crafts to the pilots in the actually mission. If you are an ace you can get a personal craft.

2.) Transfers should be possible perhaps with fillig a form like the Kill Form. But if you are an ace you get invitations form squadron leaders like: Werner Voss invites you to join Jasta10....

3.) Pilots in the squadron should all have a personal dossier with random pictures from a picture pool. (like in RBII)

4.) There should be a squadron dossier. (like in RBII)

5.) More statistiks like monthly kill rates (Squadron and Top aces like in RBII)This could be made perhaps as monthly "Squadron News" or "Heeresbericht"

6.) Intelligence Service: Informations about friendly and enemy squadrons in your operating area and Enemy Aces ...

7.) If a AI pilot shoots down a enemy in a mission it should be documented and count as kill in the Kill board. (in the moment its random) So in the next step also AI pilots could be an ace with 5 or more kills.

That would be great too.

vschoell

A "1 yard x 1 yard" piece of lozenge fabric in the dvd case.grin.gif

Edited by ConradB

I think it would be really cool if you can stop and save a mission in flight. Then reenter the mission and finish the flight later on. No warping, No 3 hours in front of the PC. I know it’s is probably to hard to do but it’s would be cool :cool::cool:

To be honest the only thing that I'd really to see changed is the claim system.

I would like to have a simplified system in which I was not obliged to write down, before flying, the names and ranks. Besides I feel a little immersion killer to pause the game after hitting down an enemy and look around, turning labels on, to find out who could be my witnessed.

Edited by Von Paulus

Von Paulus, there are three ways of claims possible in "workshop" already.

Just choose a less complicated one, if you want.

You don't need the actual nearest witness. Just write down all your flight's members

before takeoff, and fill them into the names line - WITHOUT ranks, separated by comma

and space. That's what I always do, and I get enough confirms.

A nice step forward would of course be, if the witnesses who really "saw" your kill,

would already appear in the names line.

As the RL witnesses would have spoken to a pilot after a flight, and told him, that they

witnessed his kill.

Edited by Olham

A nice step forward would of course be, if the witnesses who really "saw" your kill,

As the RL witnesses would have spoken to a pilot after a flight, and told him, that they

witnessed his kill.

i think that's what he means, olham.

would be a nice feature to have automatically the witnesses who saw it instead of writing down the whole wing (wich for purists also might be considered somehow as cheating). maybe where pilots who saw it are automatically listed, and where you can write down additional witnesses(groundunits etc.).

but the fact you have to write a claimform at all and write it openly with your own words should remain as it is. absolutely wonderful and unique in the world of virtual piloting.

witnessed his kill.

That's what I basically want.

i think that's what he means, olham.

would be a nice feature to have automatically the witnesses who saw it instead of writing down the whole wing (wich for purists also might be considered somehow as cheating). maybe where pilots who saw it are automatically listed, and where you can write down additional witnesses(groundunits etc.).

but the fact you have to write a claimform at all and write it openly with your own words should remain as it is. absolutely wonderful and unique in the world of virtual piloting.

Yes I agree that the claimform is nice and adds to immersion. Only I would like that the names who has witnessed would appear automatically.

Creaghorn: ...wich for purists also might be considered somehow as cheating.

Naw, I wouldn't go that far.

I do not believe, that a pilot, who shot down an enemy craft, had to quickly check all

around, to find out, who might have witnessed this.

If I could talk to the boys after a fight, they could tell me, who saw what;

but in OFF, I just cannot do that.

a welcome update for P4 will be to fix FORCE FEEDBACK within the game.

It will surely make the experience of OFF much better. Because OFF is not a game anymore but life.

Morris

“I think it would be really cool if you can stop and save a mission in flight. Then reenter the mission and finish the flight later on. No warping, No 3 hours in front of the PC. I know it’s is probably to hard to do but it’s would be cool.”

I think this is a really great idea. Incidental to the convenience, it would provide insurance against computer crashes.

Hopefully it's doable.

Cheers,

Greg

A couple things I'd like:

Involves a sort of question first. Flying for 56 squadron, for example, all the planes in my flight have the letter 'B'. I'd thought that each plane had it's own letter, or are they all 'B'because its B flight?

If each plane had it's own letter...it at least has it's own serial no.

I would like to see a squadron CO or admin function either a setting in workshop or a setting plus rank achievement.

As such, you could assign the pilots to the flights and the pilots to their aircraft.

I'm relatively certain, that the devs can do that along with better tracking of the disposition of each aircraft and pilot after the mission. In Mission Review, you can see that each plane is assigned an ID in game. I feel certain that can be translated to what I would like to see. One could even be concerned with fuel and ammo supplies, maintenance. replacements, etc.

Hello Mr Lucky,

The skins are all done for the SE - every historical pilot who flies one has his own a/c. They just haven't been released yet. Same is true for the DH5, and Sandbagger is working on the Pup. There are a few other skins sitting on the shelf in stores as well. Hopefully, we will be able to release more of them soon.

Cheers,

shredward

I may well be the only wierdo that might want to see the Observer role be fleshed out a tad more. I think it would be nice to have a proper career as an observer/gunner with your own stats and the like. It's mostly there now but could use a little tweaking. There's a whole nother game/roleplay to be had in there.

for me only two things are most important, everything else is just a bonus.

first, more two seaters. there should be at least 60% two seaters in the air, the rest scouts.

but for me the MOST important part, is the holy grail of smart regrouping from a dogfight without one side beeing wiped out.

stopping to fight and flying straight in some direction is not regrouping but a sitting duck. i mean smart regrouping. like evasive moves and when having advantage of altitude, then flying away. a short clash for 3 minutes, then both sides seperate again and go on. often without a single casualty, as it was in real.

good.gif Yes, More 2 Seaters French, Brits, clapping.gif

Hi Morris,

really great ideas! I would like to see this ideas.

I think the manager could represent a little more the Squadron life, like

1.) aircraft managing:

for example: squadron Jasta2 has 2 Alb.D II 3 Alb D.I and 6 Halberstadt.

If a craft is damaged it takes some time to get repaired. If it's destroyed it would be filled up with a not so good one.

The Squadron leader arrange the crafts to the pilots in the actually mission. If you are an ace you can get a personal craft.

2.) Transfers should be possible perhaps with fillig a form like the Kill Form. But if you are an ace you get invitations form squadron leaders like: Werner Voss invites you to join Jasta10....

3.) Pilots in the squadron should all have a personal dossier with random pictures from a picture pool. (like in RBII)

4.) There should be a squadron dossier. (like in RBII)

5.) More statistiks like monthly kill rates (Squadron and Top aces like in RBII)This could be made perhaps as monthly "Squadron News" or "Heeresbericht"

6.) Intelligence Service: Informations about friendly and enemy squadrons in your operating area and Enemy Aces ...

7.) If a AI pilot shoots down a enemy in a mission it should be documented and count as kill in the Kill board. (in the moment its random) So in the next step also AI pilots could be an ace with 5 or more kills.

That would be great too.

vschoell

grin.gif Transfers would be cool and Different a/c in a Sqn or Flight would be Super But, would the CFS3 operating system allow for that kina operation. I would assume that its close to being maxed out. bye.gif