I worked up a campaign called Red Oktober starting in October of 2005. The premise is that the wall did not fall in Berlin and over a decade has passed with the Soviet economy in rapid decline and internal turmoil with states wanting to break free, hard line Soviet leaders launch a strike on Europe to secure much needed resources and to help shift the focus off of the Soviet Government and to help retain control. With the word's attention elsewhere, operation RedOktober went into effect.

I wanted some variety in the aircraft so I included what I could..... I really had no intention of releasing this as most of this work is done by NF4 team as I altered one of their 1986 campaign files and used countless other a/c mods. I do not have all of the squadrons with their correct unit names (which I am slowly working on), however everything works and seems to have pretty good balance..... which was one of my intentions. I also have the red side flyable with the Mig-29 or Su-27.

I was also wondering how many others work up their own campaigns as I like customizing campaigns.....

REDOKTOBER

made for SF2E

USAF

A-10 II (78)

F-15A

F-15C

F-15E

F-16C Blk30

F-16C Blk 50

F-16C Blk 52

F-16D

F-117A

EF-111A

F-111F

F-4G V

A-7K

A-7D 78

F-22A

MISC

A-4K

USMC

AV-8B-da

FA-18C

USN (land based)

F-14D

FA-18E

FA-18F

Germany

EF-2000

Tornado IDS

F-4 ICE

Mig-29

RAF

EF-2000

Tornado F.3

Tornado GR1B

Harrier GR7

Soviet

Mig-23 (called up from reserves)

Mig-25

Mig-27 (called up from reserves)

Mig-29 (User Flyable)

Su-24

Su-25

Su-27 (User Flyable)

Su-39

Su-33

LW

Edited by luftwulf

Guest Eject

I worked up a campaign called Red Oktober starting in October of 2005.  The premise is that the wall did not fall in Berlin and over a decade has passed with the Soviet economy in rapid decline and internal turmoil with states wanting to break free, hard line Soviet leaders launch a strike on Europe to secure much needed resources and to help shift the focus off of the Soviet Government and to help retain control.  With the word's attention elsewhere, operation RedOktober went into effect.

I wanted some variety in the aircraft so I included what I could..... I really had no intention of releasing this as most of this work is done by NF4 team as I altered one of their 1986 campaign files and used countless other a/c mods.  I do not have all of the squadrons with their correct unit names (which I am slowly working on), however everything works and seems to have pretty good balance..... which was one of my intentions.  I also have the red side flyable with the Mig-29 or Su-27.

I was also wondering how many others work up their own campaigns as I like customizing campaigns.....  

REDOKTOBER

made for SF2E

USAF

A-10 II (78)

F-15A

F-15C

F-15E

F-16C Blk30

F-16C Blk 50

F-16C Blk 52

F-16D

F-117A

EF-111A

F-111F

F-4G V

A-7K

A-7D 78

F-22A

MISC

A-4K

USMC

AV-8B-da

FA-18C

USN (land based)

F-14D

FA-18E

FA-18F

Germany

EF-2000

Tornado IDS

F-4 ICE

Mig-29

RAF

EF-2000

Tornado F.3

Tornado GR1B

Harrier GR7

Soviet

Mig-23 (called up from reserves)

Mig-25

Mig-27 (called up from reserves)

Mig-29 (User Flyable)

Su-24

Su-25

Su-27  (User Flyable)

Su-39

Su-33

LW

Excuse me, I do not mean to offend u. Yet, I found that ur background rationale and I quote "on Europe to secure much needed resources" warrants further research. I do not mean to brag, yet I was a graduate student of International Relations and have been familiar with Russia's economy, etc.

May I ask, which resources??? They have gas and crude oil among other essential resources -- except wheat.

Steel? Where do you think they get it from to manufacture their battle ships/carriers/subs/tanks/APCs/other hardwares??

They have, among two other nations (only!) on the globe, i.e., one of the most important strategic minerals, i.e., COBALT (the other two being the USA and South Africa), which is very essential for "coating" for extremely hi-speed flying machines, like rockets, 4th and 5th generation fighter jets.

Kindly read, where available, an old, good hard-cover book, THE ENVIRONMENT WAR.

Kindly click one of the three Links in my Signature, namely, www.globlresearch.ca, one of the most reliable Websites in the world, in Canada.

It's been years that the EU bagging for the Russia's gas.

The USA has only, in its (Rocky Mountain region, perhaps in bunkers), (oil) strategic reserve for six months time during global crises. Meaning, for ONLY six months the USA will survive -- oil-wise speaking -- without importing oil. For what? Not for the average motorists in the USA. For its War Machines. Its Carriers drink oil, not Sea Waters.....

Kindly do further research re Russia. Please, really do visit the GlobalResearch.ca

Good luck with ur project.

BTW, Russia has, so many, really beutiful girls, like the one I use for my Avatar here. Hahahahaha ..... believe me, when u see 10 girls in Russia, chances are, there are ELEVEN extremely beautiful girls there!

Edited by Eject
  • Dislike 1

Germany does not have their MiG-29s left. They sold thoose to Poland - but Id love a flyable Polish MiG-29 Squadron :)

• Dislike 1

Excuse me, I do not mean to offend u. Yet, I found that ur background rationale and I quote "on Europe to secure much needed resources" warrants further research. I do not mean to brag, yet I was a graduate student of International Relations and have not been familiar with Russia's economy, etc.

May I ask, which resources??? They have gas and crude oil among other essential resources -- except wheat.

Steel? Where do you think they get it from to manufacture their battle ships/carriers/subs/tanks/APCs/other hardwares?? They have, among two other nation (only!) on the globe, one of the most important strategic minerals, i.e., COBALT (the other two being the USA and South Africa), which very essential for "coating" for extremely hi-speed flying machines like rockets, 4th and 5th generation fighter jets. Kindly read, where available, an old good hard-cover book, THE ENVIRONMENT WAR.

Kindly click one of the three Liks in my Signature, namely, www.globlresearch.c, one of the most reliable Websites in the world, in Canada.

It's been years that the EU bagging for the Russia's gas.

The USA has only, in its (Rocky Mountain region, perhaps in bunkers), (oil) strategic reserve for six months time during global crises. Meaning, for ONLY six months the USA will survive -- oil-wise speaking -- without importing oil. For what? Not for the average motorists in the USA. For its War Machines. Its Carriers drink oil, not Sea Waters.....

Kindly do more indept research.

Good luck with ur project.

No offense taken, however by resources I do not mean natural gas, I was referring to the occupation of land and peoples and anything gained there in transported back to the USSR. Honestly my entire intent was just to have fun with it, nothing else. I really have not set down to seriously develop a backstory as I stated above my initial intent was not to release but just a campaign with a variety of a/c to fly...... if there is enough interest, I would look at developing one, however I honestly did not feel there would be any interest in the campaign.

Noticed the Avatar grin.gif

LW

Edited by luftwulf

Germany does not have their MiG-29s left. They sold thoose to Poland - but Id love a flyable Polish MiG-29 Squadron :)

Correct, as stated above however, I just wanted to include as many flyable planes as I could for the sake of variety.... loosely historically accurate ;-)

Guest Eject

No offense taken, however by resources I do not mean natural gas, I was referring to the occupation of land and peoples and anything gained there in transported back to the USSR.  Honestly my entire intent was just to have fun with it, nothing else.  I really have not set down to seriously develop a backstory as I stated above my initial intent was not to release but just a campaign with a variety of a/c to fly...... if there is enough interest, I would look at developing one, however I honestly did not feel there would be any interest in the campaign.

Noticed the Avatar grin.gif

LW

Bravo! Kindly include the Fictional, Su-27 USAF. It's in the DLsection......

Hey, btw, how do we bomb subs????? I really do not know how, tried one, no luck. Failure.

Edited by Eject

I even thought about a throwing in a rogue Su-27 squadron who defected and was fighting for Ukrainian independence using the splinter camo for the Su-27. Just some off the wall stuff......

LW

Edited by luftwulf

I even thought about a throwing in a rogue Su-27 squadron who defected and was fighting for Ukrainian independence using the splinter camo for the Su-27. Just some off the wall stuff......

LW

Good idea!

And how about more advanced Redstars?

I've got a Jastrzeb pattern MIG-29 collecting dust, maybe add it in?

I like the idea,would be nice if there was a Tornado GR4 in development at some point.