Sign in to follow this  
Acidrain

IS MODDING DYING – NO MODDING TOOLS FOR BFBC2

While those sites like IGN, Gamespy, which are owned by the large Main Stream Media, Outpostgamez will not sugarcoat that of what these large out of touch as much as the normal mainstream news outlets are.

Today, we see that of DICE follow that of the way of Infinity ward Activision and with their new titles having either opted for no modding tools at all or have made claim that the new engine is simply too difficult to create such tools (while I think is weak excuse), what does the future hold for modding and the state of future Battlefield title games that were made what they are today by that of the great modding communities of the Battlefield Series?

Read on.........

I don't think one game or developer/franchise is much to worry about. As for complex, that's pure BS to hide their lazyness. TESIV: Oblivion or Fallout 3 and Crysis, far more complex games than the standard fare team based shooter, both visually and gameplay mechanics-wise all have editors and robust mod support.

Then honestly, there are some games that weren't meant to really have a mod scene. Primarily single player games that focus on giving you a good dose of action and a decent story without being as open ended as say a fallout would be really aren't suited for it.

To be honest, I think the glory days of the big mods are over as it takes far more effort now and people seem to have no ability to actually complete them. You see so many "starting" but few deliver even an alpha, unless you mean small things like skins or models. I've lost count of how many mods I've seen that started development BEFORE the game's release only to announce "it's over" 2 years AFTER the game comes out.

I don't think one game or developer/franchise is much to worry about. As for complex, that's pure BS to hide their lazyness. TESIV: Oblivion or Fallout 3 and Crysis, far more complex games than the standard fare team based shooter, both visually and gameplay mechanics-wise all have editors and robust mod support.

Then honestly, there are some games that weren't meant to really have a mod scene. Primarily single player games that focus on giving you a good dose of action and a decent story without being as open ended as say a fallout would be really aren't suited for it.

I agree, Crysis is far more complex it would seem and this idea that they will not in part to it being to complex on the frostbite Engine is just that, simply laziness.

To be honest, I think the glory days of the big mods are over as it takes far more effort now and people seem to have no ability to actually complete them. You see so many "starting" but few deliver even an alpha, unless you mean small things like skins or models. I've lost count of how many mods I've seen that started development BEFORE the game's release only to announce "it's over" 2 years AFTER the game comes out.

Jedi,

I also agree with what you had to say, the glory days of the big mods are just that are over.