Sign in to follow this  
Grumpster

Cat Extractor Install Problem - Ini Help

Hello everyone. New guy here. I usally come from a WW2 sim background, but got the jet bug after watching some uploaded videos of the series. Now running WOE on Vista without problems gameplay, graphical, or otherwise.

I hate that my first post in any forum is a technical problem so let me start by giving a big thank you to both the modders and contributers to the Knowledge Base. You've made a great game better and answered the vast majority of my questions.

Except this one problem I'm afraid. I'm trying to download and install the SFP1E cat extractor to access files so I can get those flashy nuke effects. My problem lies not with the program itself, but with the installer used. Everytime I try to install, it hangs and locks up. I've checked the installer software developer's website and this is a known problem with a cure and cause that is unknown.

So my questions are:

1 - Has anyone else had problems installing the extractor? I've run searches and read the extractor tutorials here but nothing has come up with installation problems. I know the problems on my end, but I'm hoping its not unique to me.

2 - Are there different versions of the WOE cat extractor? Perferably with a different installer or just the needed files in a zip? Is it a Vista thing?

3 - If all else fails how else can I get into the objectdata file to edit the one file it takes to get the nuke effects I want. (Missileobject.ini)

Thanks for any help you could give me. Sorry if this has been asked before as well, I tried several search terms and came up blank.

Guest rscsjsuso5

welcome , i don't know anything about vista to sfp1 series games but am running it on xpsp3 as far as the extraxtor goes for series 1 of sfp1 i'd reccomend http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=7933 and extract the needed ini if that is what u are asking for , great extraxtor no problems but don't know for vista.

enjoy your week and read the readme/consult the kb

Try running the installer in Compability mode. That might get it to install for you.

Also, you can try using the installer mentioned in rscjsuso5 link. It doesn't have a GUI front end, and will extract all the files in the CAT file (it will put them in it's own directory), but it should work in Vista just fine.

FC

Thank you both for your quick replies! That extractor worked without a hitch. I'm glad there was a different program.

Thanks again!