Sign in to follow this  
RichardG

Getting waxed in Yom Kippur

I'm 3 missions into Yom Kippur flying the A-4, its been bone rattling. We're hitting our targets, but losing 3 planes and pilots per mission. I've come home with 2 damaged birds. The pilot roster is getting thin, and I'm not sure how many planes are left in the squadron. After hitting primary target, my wingmen like to stick around and play in SAM country, even when I order them back into formation or RTB. They're paying for it.

I know Israel lost alot of planes in this war in the Sinai front, I didn't know it was so bad up north in Syria. I'm gonna look up A-4 losses.

img00004p.jpg

I was on mission 10 in my A-4 and got blasted out of the sky. At the time my unt was at 65%. Its been tough.

about 53 A-4s lost in 1973 - 25 over Syria according to Ospreys Israeli A-4s in combat

That is by far the hardest campaign - but wouldnt be much fun if it was all as easy as 1982

Advice is - your wingmen are pants in many ways - I take as few as possible with me - and run recons alone!

Edited by MigBuster

Hey Richard Welcome to the club! If you can make it to 15 missions then you are doing VERY well Indeed

Flying a A-4 in Yom Kippur does not equate to long lifeyikes.gif

lol, I read this title and thought it had something to do with hair removal...

lol, I read this title and thought it had something to do with hair removal...

Say what! :blink: