Sign in to follow this  
J18Dread

What has changed?

Been away playing IL2 in expectation of Canvas Knights and trying to get some online time via Red Baron Redux. Would like to try FE again, so need to come up to speed with latest changes. When I left the last update was the Nov08 that fixed some CTD caused by the Oct08 patch. Only problem for me was the AI became sitting ducks - took all the fun out of Instant Action and Single Missions. Just was playing Instant Action and had a CTD.

The question is: Has the AI problem been fixed in the Nov08 patch? Was not able to see any subsequent patches, but I could have missed it.

As an aside, is anyone playing FE online? Never was a vibrant online community, but maybe that has changed.

Guest rscsjsuso5

don't know of whats going but if you are concerned with FE and patch here is official txt file of FE concerning nov08 patch found at thirdwire http://www.thirdwire.com/patch/fe_nov2008_readme.txt . also if their are any problems with your install for me the proper way is to first install fe then if u have exp1 then do that if not then nov08patch , this is my install sequence but for other gold edition i don't know.

enjoy

also to answer your questions on AI siting duck when i played it all seems normal my wingmen/squadron helped me out

for instant action u need to check your system/directx and also properly install if u haven't done so , example i have a low end machine that freezes when i warp or even load to 60 percent but with low graphic setting all is fixed due to flight model being way to high in its .lod file like 1,000kb (too much polygons)

for online play question , i don't know anything about it ,plus thirdwire games is mostly meant to be played pc user vs computer

enjoy and welcome back to thirdwire pc/sim games

hey long time no see come out to hyper lobby and play pm Mr Craig and see if he would like to be a target .

maybe we can round up some of the online gang we had .

Where and how do you guys play FE online? I would like to start myself. And around what times do you play?

Quack;

Online play is not easy. It can be frustrating because the setups have to be pretty close to identical. That said, FE can be a lot of fun, but you have to be patient. Dogfight is the only real option, but that is my preference anyway. We have the choice of hyperlobby, hamachi, or the in-game connection. Eons ago, hamachi gave the best results. Not sure which is best now.

I am usually online around 1900 central. I haven't been hanging around a teamspeak or ventrilo server for quite awhile, but that is how it starts. We have to agree upon a communications medium - especially during setup. If you have a favorite - teamspeak, ventrilo, skype, google talk, yahoo, live messenger - let me know and we will try to make contact. I am leaning towards Skype, but have never used it for game play - j18dread, if anyone is interested.

Anyone who wants to join us, feel free to make suggestions. Post here or send me an email and we will make it happen.

Edited by J18Dread

hey long time no see come out to hyper lobby and play pm Mr Craig and see if he would like to be a target .

maybe we can round up some of the online gang we had .

Spungie;

Mr. Craig has pretty well fallen off the map. Moving to La La land made him disappear.

Since when did you start flying First Eagles? See post to Quack74 and maybe we can get together.

Do custom skin appear in MP? Do you see EA's custom skins or only default?

Do custom skin appear in MP? Do you see EA's custom skins or only default?

Quack;

Not sure, I do not think it came up before. My 'guess' is that if you host, they will; if you don't host, they will not appear. As I recall, we all load the host's config including planes. I think that will include skins, but I do not really know. Does anyone?

custom skins have to on host as far as I recall

I am on most saturday mornings and every evening 18:00 hrs pacific time .

Usually hang in the wov lobby on hyperlobby but if someone pops up in the sf lobby I check it out.

hamachi still works fine the encryption can cause a bit of slow down since it is vpn.

i usually just fool hyperlobby by renaming my exe to flightsim.exe or wov.exe if in the wov lobby

there is also the connector on the check six web site and that works great just dust off the french english dictionary.

or we can all go via ip address.

my game is up to date but I do not have the expansion pack.

been doing this for some time way back since fe came out

I'm the one who flies the killer se-5a

Spungie'

My apologies. I have forgotten more than I knew. Do you use anything other than hyperlobby chat? Really would like to get away from any in-game typing. I will try to find you this Monday (08Feb10) - 2000 Central (1800 Pacific) is a good time for me.

Any others are welcome to join us.

I have not tried the WOV server. Any other setup tricks than copying/re-naming the wwi.exe?

Also, I fly either the Oct08 or Nov08 patch, which is the Expansion Pack, if I remember correctly. Never easy.

Edited by J18Dread

Spungie;

Waited until 2015 (1815pacific) at Strike Fighters checking Wings over Vietnam occasionally, then went back to Red Baron Redux.