Sign in to follow this  
TLicense

1.0.11 patching issues

Hello all,

Sorry this is my first post, but I've been absolutely racking my brains with this.

Basically, I bought and downloaded Falcon 4 AF 1.0.11 from direc2drive. http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/903/product/Buy-Falcon-4.0:-Allied-Force-Download It worked fine whilst I was using Vista 64.

I've not reinstalled my OS to Win 7, and I'm getting an issue where after about 30 seconds or so of getting into the cockpit the graphics freeze. It would appear that everything else is still working and I can esc+e to exit the mission and return to the menu's.

So I looked on the Lead Pursuit site and see they have an update to 1.0.13 that should sort it out. Brilliant! Only when I dl it and try to install I receive a message saying "No update done since file contents do not match".

No problem as there is an FAQ on the LP site that explains that if this is the case you should uninstall and re-install. No problem, so I do this and immediately try to re-patch. Only this doesn't work. I still get the same message.

So I uninstall again and re-install on a different drive. Still no luck. So I try updating to 1.0.12 first. Not having that either.

I've sent a mail to LP via their support contact, but I've not heard anything back, so does anyone here have any suggestions 'cause after just buying an X52 Pro specifically for this game that I can no longer use I'm feeling pretty gutted.

Any help or suggestions at all will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Tony

Pretty sure from previous threads - that the patches for the original release dont work with the D2D version.

You will notice on LPs site there is a 1.0.12 to 1.0.13 patch specifically for D2D - Is the game you have defo at 1.0.11 - if so is there not a 1.0.12 patch on Direct Drives site?

If you look at some older threads some people have had the same issue

Hi TL,

Its your lucky day mate, I still have an email from ED -1 (Lead Pursuit) with instructions and a revised Falcon AF exe for use with "direct 2 drive" version of Allied Forces that will enable you to update to ver 1.0.13 - Migbuster is correct in his assessment of your problem.

Just send me a PM with a suitable email address and I would be happy to forward it to you.

You can also get in touch with me on my squadrons website - http://forum.801sttfw.com/

Cheers

Rebel