Sign in to follow this  
Spiff

What type of pods are in this pic?

post-40257-12659437784745.jpg

I'm referring to the pods on either side of the centerline fuel tank. I think the one on the pilot's right is a targeting pod, but what's on his left?

Trying to convert this to SF2I.

Spiff

Guest rscsjsuso5

don't know do u have a bottom view and side view picture . my guess is that we have ecm wingtip pods and then sidewinders and then some sort of conventional bomb and then fuel tank and then it might be cluster bombs and then centerline is a fuel tank i guess , but don't know whats between the cluster bomb and wingtank. need clear pictures. my final guess is a lantirn system pod and and targeting pod.

enjoy, kinda wierd for an f-16 to carry a wingtip ecm pod like a su27-Gardeniya-1FUE if u are modding this aircraft then replace with a sidewinder missile then make ecm onboard and no pods just a suggestion.

My guess is that the outermost items (on the wing rails) are captive training AMRAAMs, then 2 Sidewinders, 2 bombs of the Paveway series, 2 fuel tanks (and 2 CFT) and like jomni, I think that the pods on the fuselage are targeting / navigation pods (LANTIRN, Litening or similar).

Greets, Uhu

Talk about weird, I was doing those kind of screens for the Baz Superpack and I ran into that very pic I used in my templates to do that screen. Then you post a pic asking about them. Really weird.

Thanks jomni, good link too. I think they are aaq-14 and aaq-13 pods or an Israeli equivalent.

Spiff

Talk about weird, I was doing those kind of screens for the Baz Superpack and I ran into that very pic I used in my templates to do that screen. Then you post a pic asking about them. Really weird.

Baz Superpack! Oh I like the sound of that. good.gif

Baz= F15?!

Yes..