BlendOp=BLEND_SRC_ALPHA

NumTextureStages=1

TextureStage[01].TextureName=

TextureStage[01].MipMap=TRUE

TextureStage[01].FilterEnabled=TRUE

TextureStage[01].StageColorOp=TEXTURE_MODULATE_DIFFUSE

TextureStage[01].StageAlphaOp=TEXTURE

works ok for me

Wow...great job...seems to work for me as well in FE2.

Just a big THANK YOU for everyone on this thread. I bought FE2 on release day and got on this thread a couple hours ago. DL'd and installed the Terrain Mod and just have to say WOW!!! Jan, you are an artist of the First Magnitude!!! Thanks, also to Grim Reaper for asking the question I was going to post about how to Mod FE2, and one more thank you to Heck for posting the procedure. Appreciating FE2 is even more satisfying when others are contributing and sharing their knowledge for everyone's benefit. Again, THANK YOU ALL!!

Thanks Stary, gonna try that. You basically changed BLEND_DST_ALPHA to BLEND_SRC_ALPHA, right?

This is really like a rebirth of First Eagles for me. I hope someone makes the same effort for Strike Fighters... while there are good replacement terrains I haven't seen someone do all the work on the objects.

Just a big THANK YOU for everyone on this thread. I bought FE2 on release day and got on this thread a couple hours ago. DL'd and installed the Terrain Mod and just have to say WOW!!! Jan, you are an artist of the First Magnitude!!! Thanks, also to Grim Reaper for asking the question I was going to post about how to Mod FE2, and one more thank you to Heck for posting the procedure. Appreciating FE2 is even more satisfying when others are contributing and sharing their knowledge for everyone's benefit. Again, THANK YOU ALL!!

Make sure to make the change suggested by Stary from above. Makes the mod work much better in FE2.

Alternatice Solid Objects Alpha settings for First Eagles seasonal Tiles:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=10563

A) Original setting: BLEND_DST_ALPHA

B) New alternative: BLEND_SRC_ALPHA

Installation: Copy new filles in Terrain directory

Have fun, again watch that Hun in the sun!

Jan Tuma grin.gif

Jan,

thanks for your work it looks fantastic on the screenshots. I just installed it and have set all grahics to unlimited. However I do not seem to be getting the look you have in the pictures. I installed directly to the First Eagles 2 directory as instructed had no over right request. Is thier some easy way to see that I got this great patch set up correctly and working!

Robert Tate

First Eagles seasonal Tiles by Jan Tuma - RELEASED!

http://forum.combata...&showfile=10549

-------------------------------------------

This is a set of new seasonal textures together with environmental mod (Trees, Forests, Farms, and new city objects) to enhance the look and feel of default First Eagles "Verdun" terrain; Expansion Pack 1 "Cambrai" terrain and aditional Flanders and Vogesen terrain.

Different textures and environmental for each of 12 months.

Please note that due to things work in the series terrain engine, you cannot destroy nor collide with buildings or trees.

There may be some performance drop on older systems (drop off framerate during flight).

post-36703-12660983892693.jpg

post-36703-12660984253576.jpg

post-36703-12660984577621.jpg

post-36703-12660984920705.jpg

post-36703-12660985321643.jpg

post-36703-12660986103844.jpg

post-36703-12660986449394.jpg

Have fun, again watch that Hun in the sun!

Jancool.gif

Hello

thank you for your work

FE look so great now

a great and unforget addon for a great game

Christian

WOW! i love thoses terrains. It looks absolutly amazing! BIG BIG thank ou for this masterpice.

Ed:)

Thanks Jan! We've been patiently waiting for this and you most certainly have delivered!!! :drinks:

Now hopefully this will attract some extra attention to our oft forgotten WWI sim...

Finally downloaded without corrupted file -really great amount of high quality work there Jan :ok:

But I'll release my poor-mans updated version anyway, just for fun :smile:

Certainly makes FE a more interesting proposition...very nice

Finally downloaded without corrupted file ...

My first attempt at download/install has consistently resulted in CTD for different terrains in single mission and QC, Verdun, Vogesen, Cambrai ... Going to try another download based on your experience Stary. (BTW, your terrain work is very much appreciated).

EDIT: Nope, still getting CTD with loss of mouse control and error message as below. I can see each terrain.ini is pointing to the seasonal tile folder, and the folder hierarchy is just fine. Well, if there is one thing I've experienced before, keep banging that head against the wall, and it should work :suicide:

EDIT2: Three downloads same thing. I did notice that each month in the terrain.ini's have 31 days, but I doubt that is an issue if others have the mod working. I mean WTF am I doing wrong? Correct me if I can't see my ... from my ... but it is a simple matter of unpacking and installing the terrain folder in the WWI folder, right? FE runs just fine with (and have reverted back to) my heavily modded terrain folder in the meantime. I'm not going to sleep tonight...

WWI-1918 has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly

blah, blah, blah

@ Jan Different question, what files are in the backup folders in each terrain? Some of them only have ini files, others seem to have complete duplicates of the tod files. That's a considerable chunk of disc space if they are unnecessary...

Edited by Bandy

Jan

Great job!

BLEND_SRC_ALPHA fixed my cows and barns, as suggested.

Bandy, good question, since my disk space is also at a premium (small solid-state drive). If the backups aren't needed I would kick them, for a Thirdwire Mod folder it generates itself annew anyway if broken.

One more improvement question:

When I climb up (even at unlimited settings) eventually I get the "fishbowl" effect where trees are around me and below me, but suddenly no trees in medium to long distance, they are not displayed. So it looks a tad artificial. Since I have framerate to spare, can I increase the distance at which trees (and cities) are displayed? For the sprites it should be little to no framerate hit, for cities - I'll have to test.

My first attempt at download/install has consistently resulted in CTD for different terrains in single mission and QC, Verdun, Vogesen, Cambrai ... Going to try another download based on your experience Stary. (BTW, your terrain work is very much appreciated).

EDIT: Nope, still getting CTD with loss of mouse control and error message as below. I can see each terrain.ini is pointing to the seasonal tile folder, and the folder hierarchy is just fine. Well, if there is one thing I've experienced before, keep banging that head against the wall, and it should work :suicide:

EDIT2: Three downloads same thing. I did notice that each month in the terrain.ini's have 31 days, but I doubt that is an issue if others have the mod working. I mean WTF am I doing wrong? Correct me if I can't see my ... from my ... but it is a simple matter of unpacking and installing the terrain folder in the WWI folder, right? FE runs just fine with (and have reverted back to) my heavily modded terrain folder in the meantime. I'm not going to sleep tonight...

@ Jan Different question, what files are in the backup folders in each terrain? Some of them only have ini files, others seem to have complete duplicates of the tod files. That's a considerable chunk of disc space if they are unnecessary...

I'm getting the same, Bandy. Seemingly random CTDs either at 80% while loading or when exiting a mission. Also I'm getting around 15 FPS over large patches of forest. Its a beautiful piece of work but its really taxing my system.

I hope someone makes the same effort for Strike Fighters....

i would be really cool

I just un-installed FE since I wasn't playing it. However, looks like I will be re-installing it!!!

Amazing!!!

Did you delete the original wwiverdun/cambrai folders out of "Terrain"? - if so put the .cat files back in wwiVerdun and wwiCambrai

Thats not it, MB. I copied both terrian folders and renamed the originals as backups so the .cat files are in there. Still getting CTDs after installing the new terrain. I'll try and narrow it down further by trying different A/C and missions to see if the problem is specific to something or just random.

Please excuse my old age eyesight. I cannot seem to locate where I can download this from. I have gone thru all the pages several times, but the Download option seems to be hiding from me.

Please excuse my old age eyesight. I cannot seem to locate where I can download this from. I have gone thru all the pages several times, but the Download option seems to be hiding from me.

http://forum.combata...&showfile=10549

post-36703-12663884211924.jpg

bye.gif

Edited by Jan Tuma

Finally downloaded without corrupted file -really great amount of high quality work there Jan :ok:

@ Stary or anybody...

How many downloads did it take you Stary, and are you sure it was a corrupt file that was the cause? I have not been able to get back to my computer and work to get Jan's fabulous terrains running.

Thanks.

OK, got the terrains to work on reboot, re-download, and re-install. 4 is the charm I guess...

This was VERY weird, even once I managed to get flying above Jan's awesome terrain (seriously, I love it!) on my first test flight my sound was intermittently cutting out and TIR was acting strangly. It was like when you sell a long-serving and faithful car to a friend, all sorts of things start to happen :blink:.

Another reboot later and all is well, or seemingly so, and I see no visible impact on my performance/fps, which is surprising smooth on take off. Very nice work.

Vogesen is especially lovely in the winter, I like to fly up the valleys when clouds are low, surprise and strafe the trenches... Now that I mention it, do the trenches have terrain bump maps associated with them like the river banks? The trenches and craters look like you can reach into them!

One thing, I do notice some shimmer to the deciduous trees, and have tried to increase graphX settings (AA, AF, Catalyst AI, etc.) but to no avail. I know Z buffer settings help with building shimmer, which there is still a wee bit, but trees?