Sign in to follow this  
CowboyTodd41

Troy...

...freaking rocks. I just got back from seeing it, and it's well worth the 3 hours and $6.50 I paid for it, I think all of you should go this right now.

The story of Troy is a cool story, but I havent seen any previews, dont watch TV but rarely. Dont mind a good movie though once in awhile. Loved Gladiator and Private Ryan. Any good battle scenes? Hope they minimized the romance crap... <_< ;)

I just saw it. Great movie IMO. They did minimize the romance and they did a great job with the battle scenes. Characters are well rounded and there are a few one on one battles between characters which are very well done. Watch out for Hector, the most impressive character in the entire movie, and his battle with Achilles. They did alter the story from the Illiad but Oddyseus is still in. The Greek gods are left out for sake of realism... overall I think it was worth watching and it carries subliminal messages that modern day members of the military such as myself can atest to.

T-Bone

Yes, I thought Hector was my favorite character. While Achilles was a total badass, Hector was a great general and down to earth military strategist.

Most excellent movie. Achilles was my favorite. Alleigance to no man, savior to many, yet still able to find peace. This is a great Hollywood remake of a classic tale. It's on par with Braveheart and Gladiator....two personal favorites.

<C>

Fates

I say more Sandall and Sword flicks! Jason and the Argonuats! Or better yet, CLASH OF THE TITANS! Just as long as the use stop motion for the skeleton army :D