Sign in to follow this  
Jammer28

Frank Luke video

No inconvenience here. Great vid Jammer. Nice presentation of his combat history. I liked how you changed up the views from one to another. The choice of music was splendid also. A nice memorial.

Jammer, you are really a "video director", and cutter at the same time.

I have missed you vids since some time - great you are back with a new one!

No inconvenience here. Great vid Jammer. Nice presentation of his combat history. I liked how you changed up the views from one to another. The choice of music was splendid also. A nice memorial.

Hey Rickity

Not sure I understand about changing views. Do you mean fading from one to another or the different external views?

Jammer, you are really a "video director", and cutter at the same time.

I have missed you vids since some time - great you are back with a new one!

Thanks Olham

I’ve been working an insane amount (lots of overtime) for the last 6 months and have missed making videos.

Jammer, I was thinking in terms of the airplane/pilot perspective. Outside the craft from different angles. Inside the craft using TIR of course but changing the closeness of the pilot to the windscreen. On one of the last balloon attack it's like you slid forward or leaned to really concentrate your aim and fire. You see I love seeing the wonderful planes we have. Seeing the outside view I thought "yeah, that's Frank Luke". Many fine OFF movies do a fine job of many things. I thought yours was particularly involving. How it was shot, how it followed history and supplied the nice graphical story and a soundtrack that did not clash. Mr. Luke is one of my heroes and I appreciate your effort.

Gee I don't know what I'm talking about but I liked it alot. Cheers! :drinks:

Jammer, I was thinking in terms of the airplane/pilot perspective. Outside the craft from different angles. Inside the craft using TIR of course but changing the closeness of the pilot to the windscreen. On one of the last balloon attack it's like you slid forward or leaned to really concentrate your aim and fire. You see I love seeing the wonderful planes we have. Seeing the outside view I thought "yeah, that's Frank Luke". Many fine OFF movies do a fine job of many things. I thought yours was particularly involving. How it was shot, how it followed history and supplied the nice graphical story and a soundtrack that did not clash. Mr. Luke is one of my heroes and I appreciate your effort.

Gee I don't know what I'm talking about but I liked it alot. Cheers! :drinks:

Hello Rickity,

The view you are referring to, “…closeness of the pilot to the windscreen.” is zooming in with the ] key. I wanted to convey something more intense, up close and personal. The outside views are chase, target to player and I can't remember what the other one is called.  I zoom in and out and use the hat switch to get the desired angle. I'm happy to hear that you liked it. I tried to make it as historically accurate as possible, given the information found on the internet. 

Jammer I hope you don't mind I mentioned your Luke vid and linked it at SimHQ in the OFF Forum. More people need to see it IMHO. Thanks.

Jammer I hope you don't mind I mentioned your Luke vid and linked it at SimHQ in the OFF Forum. More people need to see it IMHO. Thanks.

Don’t mind at all. Anything that helps promote and gain exposure to OFF is a very good thing.

Thank YOU!