Sign in to follow this  
aussie1

IL2+Forgotten Batt+PF ver IL2 1946

I have the full series of the old IL2, Forgotten Battles, Op Barbarossa, Pacific fighters and so on loaded on my old Win XP PC which has finally died.

I had many Campaignss, Missions, skins, etc. on that PC as well which I had downloaded over a number of years. I would like to load some of these if possible.

My new PC runs Win7 Pro 64bit and I would like to know which is the best to load, the whole IL2 series or the new IL2 1946?

Can I load my IL2 addon Campaignss, Missions, skins, etc I have downloaded into 1946?

Edited by aussie1

If you have a way to get them off of your old machine then yes!!

I had the same exact problem lol. Do yourself a favor and just get the 1946 and patch it up. You might want to go ahead and do the UP 2.0, which is a game switcher / teak deal. If that's not your thing then fine, just patch it up to 4.09m, that's what many of the servers are going to now. You can find a lot of forums about this stuff on M4T. I hopes of not sounding like I am dogging this site, because that is not the case, but M4T is a better site for the IL2 series, as this is better for SF it seems.

Once you have whatever installed, you can cut or copy whatever files you want to into your new 1946 folders. They go in the same spots as once you get into the directory it is all named the same as the earlier series. See, that cool thing about IL2 is even when they change versions and what not, it is really just a huge patch, more or less. It all stays the same.

For example, if you had a cool mission in your single player campaign folder, say for the UK, then you just pull it and follow the same exact path to the same exact folder in 1946:

ubisoft>1946>missions>campaigns>.......then whatever country it was for, in this case, UK.

Hope this helps you out!

~Stingray

Thanks Stingray all good stuff just what I wanted to know, yep I can get most of the files off my old PC.

Hope this is not a dumb question but what is ........."and do the UP 2.0, which is a game switcher / teak deal".............. I assume it is something to do with playing on-line which I don't do.

I have decided to go with IL2 1946 and have downloaded the 4.08m - 4.09m - skins.09m patches from M4T and I believe they are to be loaded in that order over IL2 1946 which is regarded as 4.07m. If that is not correct I hope someone will tell me here before tomorrow when I will load it all.

Hope this is not a dumb question but what is ........."and do the UP 2.0, which is a game switcher / teak deal".............. I assume it is something to do with playing on-line which I don't do.

UP 2.0 is not only for on-line games. It adds new planes (F-86 Sabre, Mig 15, Sea Fury...), new maps, new Countries (Spain, Korea...) and new technical features that can be used in single player mode.

OK sounds like I should have a look at it, can you give me a link to where I can find it please?

The UP 2.0 you are going to want to get from Torrent, but here is the 4.09 patch from the official !c website:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10276

DO NOT GET 4.09 FROM TORRENT!!! Just click whichever is appropriate for where you are located, language you speak, etc....

Here is a link to an info website explaining all of the versions and what not:

http://home.comcast.net/~Hanzblixz/DownloadGuide.htm

Now, Shotdown has it right, the 2.0 is a huge enhancement mod. It upgrades sounds, flame effects, bullet effects, gunsights, catapult mods, new maps, and best of all.....PLANES!!!!

F9F, Sabre jet, MiG-15, 5 new versions of the P-38, Korean version P-51's, some really cool stuff m8. It's not just for online, it's everytime!! Just be careful loading down the F9F on carrier take off, she is a heavy pig.....

Stingray

OK sounds like I should have a look at it, can you give me a link to where I can find it please?

You can try this.

Thanks for the info shotdown & Stingray lots of good stuff there.

The UP 2.0 looks good, I have noticed there are a few packages like it around AAA UI is another one any comments, pros/cons regarding them given I don't fly on-line?

I currently have IL2-1946 loaded with the 408m and 409m patch. Also a few extra missions and campaigns loaded. All running well on Win7 Pro 64bit.

On another subject I would love to get rid of the DVD in my drive do you know of a good reliable No CD/DVD patch?

Hope this is not a touchy subject.

Edited by aussie1

Thanks for the info shotdown & Stingray lots of good stuff there.

The UP 2.0 looks good, I have noticed there are a few packages like it around AAA UI is another one any comments, pros/cons regarding them given I don't fly on-line?

I currently have IL2-1946 loaded with the 408m and 409m patch. Also a few extra missions and campaigns loaded. All running well on Win7 Pro 64bit.

On another subject I would love to get rid of the DVD in my drive do you know of a good reliable No CD/DVD patch?

Hope this is not a touchy subject.

UP 2.0 does that too.