Sign in to follow this  
SFC_Spectre

So Is This Game Really Worth Buying

I have my doubts, cause I heard so much bad stuff about it.

Can anyone let me know what they think, and does multiplayer work yet?

Yes, it's worth it. However, you will need to update it with both patch 1 and patch 2 to get the best game play. Straight out of the box it IS a bit lacking, but the patches make it a great game. One of the greatest things about it is it's mod-ability. There is a strong SFP1 community on the web that is constantly putting out quality mods, in the form of aircraft skins, new aircraft, new campaigns and new terrain.

Personally, I also play IL2 FB-AEP and CFS3, but I still keep coming back to SFP1. It's just plain FUN!

I agree with Saedor, SFP1 is a fun sim to fly. I hope the Vietnam campaign, along with carrier ops, will be available soon.

But do get the sim. Multiplayer in SFP1 is not as stable as for FS2004, in that (as I understand it) all players must have the same aircraft/scenery in order to play. I may have misstated the facts on that, but I do know that MP still has problems.

Navy Chief

O.K. Guys, thanks for the info I think maybe I would pick it up tomorrow after I get paid. Which means you;ll probably hear lots of dumb questions from me about how to make it work :unsure:

Oh yeah, that is gauranteed!!!!! I nearly crushed my computer trying to get this game to work. With the patches though, it might be a little bit easier.

If you can find the new issue of PC Pilot, get it as the cover CD has both Patches.

Get the LOMAN and weapons packs, they really make the game.

You can also find both patches in the Project-1 file library here at Biohaz... ;)

I bought SFP1 as soon as it came out and suffered through the whole interminable patch process. I loved the sim from the beginning, warts and all. I have been playing LOMAC alot lately, and just went back and played SFP1 last night for the first time in a while. There is no question about it. SFP1 is just more FUN! With all the new features and fixes in the patches, this sim is truly a gem. It is a shame that not as many are playing it online as LOMAC. It is WELL worth the price of admission, IMHO. Carry on. - Sledge out.