Sign in to follow this  
peter01

quack, skin request

Know you have a lot going, but ...

I decided to do a few more N24/27s FMs after a discussion with Bucky, I only use the 2-Vickers version in my game. But EMiD did 6 versions in total.

Now that I have a few going, I realise why I didn't like too many of these in the game. There is only one good skin, a pretty good silver one, but it does get very boring after a while.

EMiD has stated anyone is welcome to do skins for his planes. No need to get approval.

No problem. I'd be happy to. Any particular ones in mind? Does anybody have some skins in mind for the N24/N27's. The grey does get a bit boring thats for sure. I'll see what good ones I can scrounge up. I do have to finish up the Scouts too. And now I have the D.IIIOef fevergrin.gif Lots of nice skins for those. Skins for WWI aircraft are never ending. blink.gif

No problem. I'd be happy to. Any particular ones in mind? Does anybody have some skins in mind for the N24/N27's. The grey does get a bit boring thats for sure. I'll see what good ones I can scrounge up. I do have to finish up the Scouts too. And now I have the D.IIIOef fevergrin.gif Lots of nice skins for those. Skins for WWI aircraft are never ending. blink.gif

Great! Well, I'm partial to a white skin, the N11 and N17s look neat in that. But the plane was flown by the Brits, Frogs and US (N27) so there must have been a variety of schemes. Sorry, don't have any references - but have seen a US N27 with a brown green camo somewhere. Bucky is always great with these things.

Great! Well, I'm partial to a white skin, the N11 and N17s look neat in that. But the plane was flown by the Brits, Frogs and US (N27) so there must have been a variety of schemes. Sorry, don't have any references - but have seen a US N27 with a brown green camo somewhere. Bucky is always great with these things.

Contact me via email for some skin propositions, I will provide you some scanns from a Nieport 24-27 book.... and maybe you need PSD files with layers and Alpha...

:)

Edited by EmlD

I think I'm good for now with pics. I'll just do a couple of generic camo skins to start. What I would like though are the UV maps of both planes. It would be nice to be able to see where the fuselage sides meet the upper deckingblink.gif . As of now all the skins are just solid grey. I dont know where the lines are. So it will take awhile doing angled camo to wrap around the fuselage. The wings aren't a problem. But thank you EmIDdrinks.gif . But I might ask you later for some custom Ne24 and 27 camo skins.

I hope this will help

post-21833-12678295725107.jpg

post-21833-12678295913611.jpg

post-21833-12678296060536.jpg

Hi EmlD, great to see you back on the forum after all this time. And your models are still fantastic :good: .

BTW, I didn't have any luck with the spinner thing.

yeah EmlD I want to thank you for the excellent models I still love then and they are beautiful as ever.

I hope this will help

That's what I needgood.gif

drinks.gif

Just finishing up the Bristol Scout skins and some AlbatrossD.IIIOef's too. I'm also doing some reworks to the Gotha's. A couple of Day schemes and a couple of Night schemes. I'll post all of these soon. Then I'll get on those Neiuports. Give me about a week and I'll have some for you guysgood.gif

BTW EmID, do those UV's work for both the Ne24 and the Ne27?

Edited by quack74

BTW EmID, do those UV's work for both the Ne24 and the Ne27?

As I remember - yes.

Just trying out a few versions. I dont really have to many pics of camo upper wings. But is this what you had in mind? Dont mind the markings. BTW this is a Ne.27.

Another great skin from the "Master". Seriously, great job quack you are one of the people who are making this game better and better. I always look forward to your next release,keep up the good work.

Yours Respectfully,

VonTobler

Great job!I think that I will be using the N24/27 alot more now.I hate to add this but the N28 sure could use some skins like that. :clapping:

Wow! Thanks guys. I'm still learning as I go. Everytime I do a new skin I seem to learn new tricks. This is my first camo pattern. Hard to do around the 4 different fuselage meshes and getting the colors to line up. I've been thinking of doing some N.28's of USAS squads.

Ok here are a few pics of Ne.24's and Ne.27's with camo paint. The 24's have a bare metal front and the 27's have green. There wont be any painted on markings because the game already generates all of them. I edited the decal.ini a bit so things are positioned right, or better. I'll post them soon.

They're in the download section now. Just waiting for approval.