Sign in to follow this  
Desert Eagle

F-22 Not Supercruising?

I've been trying to get the F-22 to fly above Mach 1 without the afterburners but even without any stores

I can't get it to go above the sound barrier. I'm guessing this is bug in the plane specs. I have been

trying to find exactly what's wrong looking at the ini files but I don't know enough about moding SF2

to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm using SF2 Combo patched to Feb2010.

What altitude are you trying to supercruise at? I don't know much about the F-22 specifically, but I'd imagine that you'd have to be up around at least 15,000 feet to supercruise. As you climb, the air gets thinner, meaning both less air resistance and sound travels slower since the air is less dense. This allows jets to fly faster higher.

I tried at different altitudes all the way to 40.000ft. Interestingly I discovered I can supercruise with a stock F-15A at 30K.

I haven't got the F-22 installed at the moment but does the data.ini contain this line?

MachLimitDry=0.980 <<<<< needs to be set higher than 1.000 (this entry is from the good ol' F-4B)

I haven't got the F-22 installed at the moment but does the data.ini contain this line?

MachLimitDry=0.980 <<<<< needs to be set higher than 1.000 (this entry is from the good ol' F-4B)

No. Can't find it anywhere.

Would be quite a good solution to a lot of supercruising (TMF F16, number of F4's) but to be sure where do we add it: guess to the Flight Control part of the data.ini ?

Hou doe,

Derk

Indeed. Here's an example taken from the F-15A Baz:

[FlightControl]

MachLimit=2.540

MachLimitDry=1.030

Edited by Gocad

Thanks everyone, nice discovery, lots of work to do !!!

Hou doe,

Derkgood.gif

Great work guys. On to fix mine now.