Sign in to follow this  
GhostDog

Latest Patch Update

Stormin posted this a moment ago on the UBI board:

posted 27/05/2004 00:41 

It's true: Beta 18. A few small problems were identified by the Developement Team and were addressed in a Beta 17 on Tuesday. We tested it yesterday and found a problem with the new repair function and the drouge chutes. These have been fixed in Beta 18 which was waiting for us early this morning. We are testing right now.

It looks good but we don't know for sure. We have coordinated with Ubi Soft who will need to spend a few days of verification testing. This is scheduled to begin on Monday if Beta 18 is a go. That means that if all goes well we could possibly see this patch released next week. It will all depend upon what happens with our testing of 18 and Ubi's verification testing effort on Monday. I caution you all that anything could happen and while I am optimistic, we've been here before. I am NOT making any promises.

I know that many of you are frustrated and I appreciate your patience, but we want to get this right. Hang in there, please.

Cheers,

Carl

Fingers are crossed ;)

Gotta give these guys credit, they are working there asses off to make sure this thing is perfect.

Unfortunately that probably means that it's the last one :(

If they really manage to patch the game good then its fine by me.

Let them get this out of the way so they can spend their time and energy on creating some new scenery or other add-ons instead

I'm sure they're just dying to work on some new product/projects as well. There's only so much beta-testing one can do before it becomes a monotonous chore.

7 hours after Carl's original post (above) he followed-up with:

Beta 18 looks good so far.

Heh. Are BioHaz members in the know or what? ;)

We are waiting for the Ubi testers in Canada to start thier internal testing on Monday. If all goes well we could see the patch soon after that (a matter of days). Of course anything could happen and the guys in Russia could send another build to test, we don't know until they send out a new build as to whether or not we have one.

I can say that nothing else is being added at this point in the builds and what tweaking that does occur is being done to finalize the patch. I will try to float an update this way if anything wierd happens, but for now just keep your fingers crossed.

Thanks Snacky :)

Fingers are crossed.

Resumé: THe plot thickens. THe mystery deepens.

Testing of the current build (#18) of patch 1.02 might or might not be complete or transferred to UBI testers in Montreal or not - or both :blink:

things became a little less clear yesterday evening with this thread on the UBI boards,

Still the fact remains: It is done whenit is done. You will get it when you do.

*GHostDog goes for a long walk and sits on a mountain top to meditate

Snacky,

Thanks for keeping us all in the loop. Given how thorough the external team has been and how much time you've put into this, it's going to be awfully hard for Ubi's internal team to find something you may have missed. I'm feeling very optomistic :)