zoomzoom

WOW-Best WWI (Fun Game-not sim) I've ever seen.

Howdy Tamper-

I'm afraid it's download only, either via Steam or Xbox Live.

But it's definitely a lot of fun. Just pure silliness. For instance, the tanks all have wind-up keys sticking out of them and when infantrymen die, the break up in a shower of cogs and springs. Plus, at the end of the battle, there's a stats section that shows things like the highest altitude a dead soldier got blown up into the air :).

Hi Bullethead...yes, that sounds just like the sort of thing I had been looking for in a 'non-serious' alternative game lately; something light and...silly. And the video that zoomzoom was kind enough to post sold me right off.

At the risk of sounding like the Commander-in-Chief of the Stupida$$ Brigade, let me ask: If my kids have an XBox (they do) does this mean they can D/L this for me and I can run it on my PC? (I can arrange for the "points" and they already have an online account, I am certain). I honestly wouldn't think so, but the way I read it here makes me think it is possible.

I know, this may sound totally stupid...and I'm normally far more adept with all this - but I just don't get into the whole console thing (can't manage a controller, due to Dupuytren's in my 'cookie hooks'), and I'm not big on "DLC". Plus, without stirring a squabble about DRM and all that, I just refuse to run Steam, if ya please.

Is mine a truly lost cause, then?

Hi Bullethead...yes, that sounds just like the sort of thing I had been looking for in a 'non-serious' alternative game lately; something light and...silly. And the video that zoomzoom was kind enough to post sold me right off.

At the risk of sounding like the Commander-in-Chief of the Stupida$$ Brigade, let me ask: If my kids have an XBox (they do) does this mean they can D/L this for me and I can run it on my PC? (I can arrange for the "points" and they already have an online account, I am certain). I honestly wouldn't think so, but the way I read it here makes me think it is possible.

I know, this may sound totally stupid...and I'm normally far more adept with all this - but I just don't get into the whole console thing (can't manage a controller, due to Dupuytren's in my 'cookie hooks'), and I'm not big on "DLC". Plus, without stirring a squabble about DRM and all that, I just refuse to run Steam, if ya please.

Is mine a truly lost cause, then?

I think you should be able to get it here on Games for Windows Live, Tamper. Check the link out and see. But it still has restrictions in effect in that you must have a Windows Live account at least.

Edited by Dej

TYVM Dej. The GFWL account I wouldn't mind so much, but lo and behold, their disclaimer says "This software uses digital rights management software (“DRM”). DRM may limit the number of times you are permitted to install this software on a computer and/or the number of computers to which you may install the software. To function properly, DRM downloads certain data and files to your computer, which may or may not be uninstalled when you uninstall the software."

Sorry, it really is a damn same, but that's not for me. Getting to where you can't find a decent game anymore without some form of (overly intrusive) DRM.

I do appreciate you fine folks' efforts to help, just the same :drinks:

Getting to where you can't find a decent game anymore without some form of (overly intrusive) DRM.

I do appreciate you fine folks' efforts to help, just the same :drinks:

Maybe I'm a little biased, but I think Over Flanders Fields is close to decent. And I'm not aware of an overly intrusive DRM.

:wink2: shredward

Maybe I'm a little biased, but I think Over Flanders Fields is close to decent. And I'm not aware of an overly intrusive DRM.

:wink2: shredward

Of course, Shred...my sincere apologies to yourself and the entire team; naturally, I meant with the exception of OFF. I look at it such that OFF has been around for awhile, where (I should have specified) the new games being released lately - almost without exception - seem to use Steam, or worse Origin, or worse still as I gather GFWL, or some other intrusive, bloated, problematic mechanism. I have always admired and respected that OFF doesn't use any of these ridiculous, over-bearing methods. I bought P3 and HITR; I've enjoyed OFF since P1 :good: and, if I can be so bold, if you and the guys would kindly hurry the hell up, I'll be flying OFF2!!!

(joking...but do please hurry, it's been a long two weeks :grin: )

To be clear, i work in technology myself, and I certainly do not begrudge producers their right to protect their effort and livelihood. It's the lengths that the methods often go to, and the problems associated with those lengths, that I cannot abide.

Now, if you'll forgive me, I've faltered into a general discussion about DRM, which I hadn't intended at all. OFF is a clear (and these days, rare) exception to the insanity that DRM has become.

Best regards,

No apologies required - I was just having a little fun

Cheers

shredward

... I'm not aware of an overly intrusive DRM.

Overly intrusive Dr.1's though, certainly. :grin:

Yeah, just had to get it too after watching the Vid. :grin:

Should be a bit of light fun, and doesn't hurt to support the Devs for further improvements.

Cheers'

T&FO

I saw someone mentioning OFF in their forum.

I bet it was one of the gentlemen from this thread.

I just get the Demo- WHAT A FUNNY GAME!!!!!

Thx for telling is.

Tomorrow I buy it-im out of X-Box Points.....

I saw someone mentioning OFF in their forum.

I bet it was one of the gentlemen from this thread.

It just seemed appropriate.

What a fantastic little game! Well worth the $10. already and I'm only on level 4.

I Play it with my Son-he is 8 years Old,and he always wins............

Edited by akulawien

I Play it with my Son-he is 8 years Old,and he always wins............

Children often have far less scruples - they play Monopoly like the big bankers,

get the hotels on the expensive streets, while you end with the violett cheap ones.

:dntknw: