Sign in to follow this  
zzzspace

V 4.0 Zzzspace�s Lock On Sound Effects

Final version of zzzspace’s Lock On sound effects replacement pack - version 4.0.

Germ111, could you please upload this to the BioHaz file archive—thank you.

19 meg LOMAN 2.0 zip file

http://ado.qgl.org/zzzspace_V4_Lock_On_Sou...eplacements.zip

This version contains new engine sounds, new afterburner, new explosions and other assorted combat sounds. It also features a detailed combined ACM, CAP and CAS 15 minute cockpit audio loop of in-flight background radio chatter—thanks to ‘EagleDeer’ for his prompting, resources, idea and inspiration for that one.

Have fun!

zzz

--

P.S. Other Lock On mirror sites are welcome to host as well.

Consider it done...

I'm looking forward to trying your new soundpack

I'm just moving this thread to the modding/skinning forum.

GhostDog (aka Germ111 in a parallel universe)

Damn zzz, you're amazing! THese sound packs are excellent, thanks for all the hard work.

hey zzz,

I'm not familiar with these sounds, but are they simply "art" or did you put them together to improve sound performance in the sim?

OMG! un freakin believable sound pack! Just incredible thank's zzzspace thats the best ever!! :D

Hey Bard, it's a sound pack for the game install it with loman ... and it's art. :P

Wot a gift! :lol:

Hello zzzspace,

I didn't know you have been banned from the UBI Forums. I had to register here so that I can post this message.

Just wanted to say thanks for releasing this sound mod and for all of your hard work. It seems like you have spent a great deal of time with ver 4 and it definitely shows.

You have totally blown everyone away. These sounds are UNBELIEVABLE! As you know I have used all of your sound mod since ver 1 and they just keep getting better and better.

Thank you for your hard work and making this available to the community.

I posted about your sound mod ver 4 being available in the UBI forums I hope you don't mind.

There are a lot of people there who supports you and wants you to come back. Let's hope they unban you from the UBI forums. For some reason the moderators (new ones at least) are a bit uptight.

Oh well :( . If you need me to post anything there let me know. I will let people know to come here if they have any further questions or request from your sound mod. Thanks again zzzspace keep in touch.

S77th-Paralyzer

http://www.maddog-simulations.com/

You Da Man ZZZSpace! Can't wait to try these out, Thanks for making these sounds, they really add to the game.

:P Bob

ZZZSpace:

I knew you would come through, but I did no realize that you would perfect the background chatter. Your sound files add a whole other dimension to LOMAC and should be an integral part of thenext patch. Its easy to suggest something, but it takes talent to execute.

Many thanks for all your hard work

For some reason the moderators (new ones at least) are a bit uptight.

you're not kidding.

luckily there are plenty of boards out there that they don't moderate, and all they achieve by banning someone like zzzspace from their forums is to make them a lesser place to visit.

I just wish i had purchased the same version of LOMAC that most of the UBI posters got ;)

P.S. your advice re Falcon was spot on. I have it set up and it truly is amazing. I was so impressed, that I've bought cockpit and tiles. You may want to reconsidor the sound add on as BMS apparently has great sound out of the box. Accoring to Ratty, you should just install falcon, 1.08, SP4, SP4.1, Hitiles; BMS; BMS patch (not out yet). Also add the reagg deagg lines in the cfg if not there or adjust of they are. He recommends holding off on installing cockpits as the patch may screw them up. Everything else is pretty much unecessary. Ahh, to fall in love again. Just don't tell my wife, or my girlfriend (LOMAC) :wub:

Edited by Eagledeer

True enough EagleDeer, Falcon 4.0 BMS 2.0 has a fundamentally great sound engine. Imagine if one did for the Falcon sounds and config what has been done for Lock On ? ... with the appropriate emphasis on realistic fidelity of course.

Could you imagine flying that sucker in a full BMS 2.0 dynamic campaign?

I just wish i had purchased the same version of LOMAC that most of the UBI posters got ;)

You did.

Hi zzzspace, I really like you work - but I want to git rid of the chatter. Can that be done? I mostly fly Russian airplanes and therefore don't like the US chatter.

Cheers

Mark

Hello Cougar,

Yes it can be done I also fly the SU exclusively. I know what you mean about the US chatter in a Russian plane hehe.

You can do two things. You can just delete the CockpitSystems.wav from your

Lock On\Sounds\Effect folder

or you can do what I did. I took the CockpitSystems.wav from ver 3.0 and used it to replace the one in ver 4.0. This way I still have the nice wind/fan blowing sound from his previous version. Hope this helps.

S77th-Paralyzer

http://www.maddog-simulations.com/

Edited by paralyzer

You did.

:blink: