Sign in to follow this  
Dutchy

Remember D-day

Next weekend will be Europe, specially in France, D-Day rememberd.

It is than 60 years ago that the allies take a foot on land and freed Europe.

I have been 10 years ago in France to see it myself. The five invasion beaches, Pont Du Hoc, Saint Mere Eglise, the Pegasus Bridge and not forgotten the big cemetary at the beach of Omaha. Crosses lay row on row.

That was very impressive. You see on one side the beach and the other side the graves of the soldiers. Remember some soldiers died on the beach and were further in France after their live.

For everybody that never been there in France. Go and see it with respect for the Allies of WW2. It is good to see what you read or heard of veterans.

This time I can go or see it on tv, but I will Remember the people that gave their lives for Freedom in Europe.

Salute

Dutchy

I always remember D-Day, I just wish that some day I could go to Normandy and pay my respects ot all who fought died there. Maybe you could go and fill in for us this year Dutchy.

Sorry, but I make a fault in mine letter. I can not go to Normandy.

I hope that I can go in future.

Salute

Dutchy

D-Day video...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gerald.marley/june-6th-1944.zip

kinda hard for me to say things about an era that i wasn't even born

but many brave man fought for a better future for the world

they libirated Europe as well as the Jewish people, my people!

I thank those brave man and Honor them

<S> Nesher

I always remebre D-Day, My grandfather took his first step onto sword beach on that day, he survived brought back treasures from nazi germany in berlin. Lets hope nothing like that will ever happen again. They will be remembered.