Hi guys,

A bit of question about the GR.3: tried flying the Falkland Pack one and the individual versions in WOV (last 08 patch). I'm aware of the limitations, which was stated on the readme (only for 06 level patch), but I can't help wondering why it has roll issues. Been reading if some planes has Ymac issues, but comparing it with FRS.1 data.ini there is no difference. Or maybe the entire aerodynamic data needs to be modified? Anyone care to explain? Thanks

Hi guys,

A bit of question about the GR.3: tried flying the Falkland Pack one and the individual versions in WOV (last 08 patch). I'm aware of the limitations, which was stated on the readme (only for 06 level patch), but I can't help wondering why it has roll issues. Been reading if some planes has Ymac issues, but comparing it with FRS.1 data.ini there is no difference. Or maybe the entire aerodynamic data needs to be modified? Anyone care to explain? Thanks

Describe the 'roll" issues.

Is it rolling off to either side, or just to one side? Does it happen in level flight, or only when you start placing a load on it (pitching up)?

maybe it's because it's an 06 FM being used in an 08 level game? That'll cause "issues" right off the bat

wrench

kevin stein

maybe it's because it's an 06 FM being used in an 08 level game? That'll cause "issues" right off the bat

wrench

kevin stein

It 'might" cause some issues, particularly on straight wing aircraft. The reason behind that are the post-stall Xmac shifts and downwash contstants that are now applied to FMs that lacked them, in the first place. Those new entries seem to be spefically tailored for swept-wing aircraft.

Describe the 'roll" issues.

Is it rolling off to either side, or just to one side? Does it happen in level flight, or only when you start placing a load on it (pitching up)?

Well, the it always rolling left in level flight, and worsens when under load. Often make the jet snap rolling instead of pitching up properly.

forgot to add, the FRS.1 data comes from Falklands pack version.

Then check to see if the Ymac values are properly expressed.

The Ymac entries for all lifting surfaces on the model's left side must have a minus sign in front of them. The Ymac value is the Y-axis location of the Mean Area Chord, thus, coordinates to the left are negative, the centerline is zero, and coordinates to the right are positive.

Ymac values on the wings are expressed properly. Will check on the centerline values

Ymac values on the wings are expressed properly. Will check on the centerline values

There are no centerline values. Ymac, as I explained before, is the coordinates of the Mean Area Chord for that surface, as measured out from the centerline.

Edited by Fubar512

Oops, my mistake. There were no asymmetric thrust from the engines and no asymmetric drag on the pylons either.

Here's the Ymac values of the wing:

[LeftWing]

Ymac=-1.014

[RightWing]

Ymac=1.014

[LeftOuterWing]

Ymac=-2.2350

[RightOuterWing]

Ymac=2.2350

You're confusing symmetrical with asymmetrical. Asymmetric implies that they're using different values, not that they have mirror image coordinates.

For example:

Symmetrical thrust position values would be:

Left = -0.833,-5.648,0.24

Right = 0.833,-5.648,0.24

The right is symmetrical to the left, as the X-axis right offset out from the centerline is EXACTLY the same as the left.

Asymmetrical thrust position coordinates would be:

Left = -0.833,-5.648,0.24

Right = 0.727,-5.648,0.24

Uh, what I mean is the position coordinates mirrored exactly left and right, with thrust and pylon drag values are the same in each side... The Ymac values are as stated before. Any other place should I look for disrepancies? Sorry for the language mixup! :doh:

Well, scratch it. Now it flies just fine, the trouble was one entry in the stab. Not by anyway related to the aerodynamics data. My fault for not checking it more thoroughly. Thanks for the advices sir! :ok: