Sign in to follow this  
Diabolico

"Emperor of Madeira" is out...

My Dear Friends,

Nine months after my first book "Mercenary of the Seas" (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1448677254/sr=1-7/qid=1268483930/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1268483930&sr=1-7&seller= was out, I've finsihed at published the 554-page sequel "Emperor of Madeira", which you can find here: http://www.amazon.com/Emperor-Madeira-second-book-Mercenary/dp/1451529473/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1268474740&sr=8-1

41y6-2Z8NZL._SS500_.jpg

This time the action will take us to the paradise island of Madeira. Mike Sanders and his band of mercenaries return to help the small island paradise of Madeira to gain its independence from the Portuguese Republic. Or are Sanders International actually playing into a plot by the C.I.A. that would see the European Union destroyed from within?

Just a few words to thank "Combatace" for their support by letting me talk about my books here.

Although I can't live yet on my books, it's a very passionate activity for me!

For your information, Mercenary of the Seas has been sold up to almost 600 copies. I hope that Emperor of Madeira will have a better success!

Until then, have a good one guys and... good hunting!

Mario Paz

Looks nice this story, a plot of CIA to crack EU... :good:

i'll take a look

Sounds good.

But you know there is already someone who acts and rules like an emperor in Madeira. His name is Alberto João Jardim and he is the president of the Madeira's regional government since 1978.

Sounds good.

But you know there is already someone who acts and rules like an emperor in Madeira. His name is Alberto João Jardim and he is the president of the Madeira's regional government since 1978.

:no: even there....we lusophones are screwd.

Thank you very much for your interest guys! Hope that you enjoy the reading! Feel free to leave me some feedback! :good:

I know. My book is inspired on him. :rofl:

Besides, I'm actually Portuguese.

But of course, the Madeirense rebels do get some "muscled" means and so do the mercs! :grin:

:no: even there....we lusophones are screwd.

Yeah! There is even action featuring the President of Brazil in my book! :grin:

I know. My book is inspired on him. :rofl:

Besides, I'm actually Portuguese.

But of course, the Madeirense rebels do get some "muscled" means and so do the mercs! :grin:

Yeah! There is even action featuring the President of Brazil in my book! :grin:

wow, i thought you were Italian...anyway....Put Lula and/or his gang as the next dictatorial crew of your next book....not so unlikely as it looks :lol:.

Edited by Silverbolt

You can always send a copy to Alberto João. I'm sure he will love it. :rofl:

Edited by Von Paulus

wow, i thought you were Italian...anyway....Put Lula and/or his gang as the next dictatorial crew of your next book....not so unlikely as it looks :lol:.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I'll think about it! :salute:

You can always send a copy to Alberto João. I'm sure he will love it. :rofl:

Why not? Do you have his adress?! :ok::rofl::lol:

Ahem... as a portuguese and taking into account the recent tragedy in Madeira - a metereological disaster which cost the lives of around 40 people and, personally, a 3rd degree cousin of mine lost her home and all that was in it - I really must admit I'm a bit at odds about the release of this book now... And although I don't live in Madeira (but have visited it many times because my uncles also live there - thankfully they're all ok) I know that in terms of portuguese politicians, Alberto João Jardim is one of the figures which I respect most because he has the balls to say what he wants, political correctness be damned - he already "pointed the finger" verbally to journalists and you know, he gets away with being reelected because he really cares for the land he rules. There ARE elections there, it's not a dictatorship. Even before the disaster, cuts from the national government made a slash in Madeira's budget which is heavily dependent on funds from the mainland and since he saw that he wasn't able to deliver on his promises with the reduced budget, he resigned, and new elections were held, with him campaigning on a reduced number of issues adequate to the funding that was going to be available. Guess what - he got reelected. Good politicians are hard to find these days, and one may not always concurr with him, but he doesn't promise more than he can deliver, and his brutal honesty towards everyone and everything is something worthy of praise in my view. I wouldn't mind reading something about a CIA plot in the Azores, since the U.S. already has a base there, and it's common knowledge that the Azoreans wouldn't mind becoming the 51st state of the U.S., taking into account the many azorean immigrants that live there...

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

Then...what would be about Cristiano Ronaldo? Would he play for the US national team? What about the part you promised about the Evil Spanish Galactic Empire?

Seriously, glad to see this out. Hope you make some money of it, perhaps even boost "Mercenary"

Man, I started writing this book nine months ago! :clapping:

It was submitted to the publisher a few days before that happened in Madeira! How could I know? :dntknw:

Sorry if it hurt you in any way! :drinks:

The plot is excellent though! I'm selling one or two per day! :ok:

Don't think that I'm getting rich though! I only get $ 1.38 USD per book sold! :heat:

LOL! :rofl:

Hmmm... why not?! star-wars-smiley-5472.gif