VRefinery.lod shows all white in game

Missing textures :

Ind_patchmetal1.bmp

Ind_metal1.bmp

Ooops! blink.gif

Here you go bud:

Missing_BMPs.rar

:good:

I've found them in the DS map, and I've included all other textures which name starts with Ind_

just in case some other objects are missing textures.

DS.7z

Don't feel bad Piecemeal, I've done it too!!!

wrench

kevin stein

Can't get the map to load....:( It shows and when i press fly the loading screen shows at 10% but then...nothing, any tips?

Edited by Niklas

really love your updated terrain

just a little bug, no target shown under the kreelin mission editor

is there some missing file in the pack?

Can't get the map to load....:( It shows and when i press fly the loading screen shows at 10% but then...nothing, any tips?

It could be a few things. What's your Windows OS and your system specs?

really love your updated terrain

just a little bug, no target shown under the kreelin mission editor

is there some missing file in the pack?

There's definitely nothing missing in the terrain, Murphys. I might have heard wrong but I don't think that mission editors are usable in SF2. Also, I've never used any Mission Editors so I couldn't give a solution to your problems. The only advice I can give is to ask here on the thread if the ME is usable by any means in the SF2 series. Sorry I couldn't help you on that one bud.

It could be a few things. What's your Windows OS and your system specs?

Hi! Windows VISTA home premium, service pack 2

2GB RAM

Intel Core2 Duo 1.66GHz 1.66GHz

ATI Radeon HD 5700 1GB GDDR5

Thanks alot!

OK, lets see. What you need to do is to double check that you have the terrain folder in the right folder.

Is this where you have it? : UserName/Saved Games/ThirdWire/StrikeFighters2/Terrains

If you have it in this location there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

On the other hand, if you have it the "C:/Program Files/ThirdWire/Strike Fighters 2/Terrains" directory, then it's definitely in the wrong place. You might know this already, but you should NEVER place SF2 mod files of any description in the main directory.

Let me know how it goes for you

OK, lets see. What you need to do is to double check that you have the terrain folder in the right folder.

Is this where you have it? : UserName/Saved Games/ThirdWire/StrikeFighters2/Terrains

If you have it in this location there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

On the other hand, if you have it the "C:/Program Files/ThirdWire/Strike Fighters 2/Terrains" directory, then it's definitely in the wrong place. You might know this already, but you should NEVER place SF2 mod files of any description in the main directory.

Let me know how it goes for you

Hi! Thanks for your reply, yes, it's in the correct folder. The sound doesn't start either, strange. I must have done something wrong.....but what, the normal map plays just fine but..

I really can't explain this. You're the first person that I know of who has this problem. As long as you have it in the correct folder it should work. Try re-installing it again and see what happens.

I'll tell you what; give me a couple of days and I'll ask a few more experienced people on the site if they know what might be causing this. Whether they have a solution or not I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Regards,

Piecemeal

Edited by Piecemeal

Niklas; I've just checked with someone and they've said that it's probably because of the aircraft you're trying to fly. Have you tried using the terrain with another aircraft?

Hi! Thanks alot, i will try to re install and with a few diferent aircrafts.

Ok, i give up :), just re installed woe2, patched to the latest patch feb10, run the game, works fine, installed the mod by following the instructions.

Extracted the files from the germany map and copyed al the folders to my mod folder....nothing, no other mods or nothing, what can i be doing wrong???

Edited by Niklas

Wait you are trying to use this in WOE2? Its for SF2, not SF2:E as it uses the default cat file for SF2.

Ahhh, so the picture is a little clearer now. I suppose you could always make a few small changes. I've enclosed my DESERT3 INI FILE:

DESERT3.rar

Open your DESERT3 folder and replace the DESERT3.ini with this one. Allow it to overwrite. Your terrain should work then

According to the readme, some items need to be extracted from the Germany terrain. So I need that cat file for the terrain to work properly?

According to the readme, some items need to be extracted from the Germany terrain. So I need that cat file for the terrain to work properly?

Hi icon.

You don't necessarily have to have the GERMANYCE.CAT file in the DESERT3 terrain. You just need to extract some files from GERMANYCE.CAT and place them in this terrain. These are objects like bridges and power stations which are stock objects and cannot be re-distributed.

Which SF2 games do you have?

Thanks for your effort on this, Im looking forward to getting it working. Im pretty good with getting mods to work but Im striking out here. I have SF2E and SF2I merged. I also have SFP1 so the desert cat is available to me.This is what Ive tried so far; putting GermanyCE cat in desert3 folder with no cat pointer line, then again with cat pointer line set to CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.CAT, then again with just CatFile=GermanyCE.CAT,. Ive tried the same with putting the desert cat file in with and without cat pointer line. With sfp1 desert cat I get to 10% then ctd. With GermanyCE it loads but tiles are porked random patterns. Dave says you need SF2, wrench says you don't, Im so confooooooosed! :grin:

Ok got working using "ext"'s method of renaming desert3 to desert and using sfp1 desert cat. Interesting FYI, the Bridge Metal Red files needed from the GermanyCE cat file are not present in the June09 version of the cat file but are in the Feb10 version!

So you got it working then?

Ok I made it work. I do not know if this right way but it works for me. I renamed the DESERT3.ini to Desert. I then renamed the terrain folder DESERT3 to Desert. Moving the cat file into your folder and change the names of the 2 files seems to be all you need. My compliments to you. Very nice and lots to look at! :salute:

You shouldnt of had to do that at all. It was drag and drop and made a new terrain called Desert3.