Sign in to follow this  
sp0nky

FE1 and DCE by lowengrin

Hi all,

I'm a fan od DCG for IL-2 and I see that Lowengrin made a similar thing for SF1. I tried to apply It to FE1 adapting this

tutorial

When It seems that all was done well, I discovered that DCE is only for SF1 and It isn't adaptable for FE1 (in my experience) bcause when you have to select the .exe of the game and I select WWI.exe, It says "please set the path to the Strike Fighter executable file before proceeding".

Anyone know a way to fix that? It will be beautiful to play dynamic campaigns in FE1 too :)

sponky,

I'm ignorant of DCG, how/what would be different from the stock FE campaign?

If you get it working, let us know! I'm willing to try most things at least once. :blink:

Bandy :)

DCG means Dynamic campaign generator and It was firstly developed for IL2 Shturmovik and CFS2 but there is a version also for SF1. I was hoping that it was possible to apply it also for FE1 but the problem seems to be hardcoded to me. If someone as more info or hints please report :)

Hi sp0nky,

Have you written Lowengrin himself about this? Perhaps dash off a letter straight to the source for the best answer. If you do that, please report back here with your findings because I am curious.

DCG means Dynamic campaign generator and It was firstly developed for IL2 Shturmovik and CFS2 but there is a version also for SF1. I was hoping that it was possible to apply it also for FE1 but the problem seems to be hardcoded to me. If someone as more info or hints please report :)

Thanks for reply. Actually I did look at the link you provided before I replied above, so I know what it is, but I want to know HOW it is different from the stock campaign?

What does it do better? What does it do worse? Is it like OFF campaign? Does it put more random AC in the air? Can you get jumped by enemy before you reach mission objective? So many questions... I hate the fact that everything happens at waypoint 5!!!

If it is worth it, then JFM has a good suggestion, contact him. There is a very good chance that the Strike Fighter version could be ported over to FE since it is the same sim engine.

Edited by Bandy

For what I know (and it's not too much) DCG/DCE should influence the campaign basing on the results of the mission. For example, if, in a mission, I destroy all the ground defense of an airfield, in the successive mission they shouldn't appear. There was something like that applied to a WW1 simulator in Flying Corps (AFAIR). So far I tested DCG only in IL2 shturmovik and It gives a great enhancement to the game. In synthesis there are no more pregiven mission that doesn't influence the campaign progress, but the pilot can give is "imprint" to the trend of the campaign.

The only thing that doesn't make DCE work is that the exe at the start ask you for the SF1 exe only: I think that to modify that we should ask to lowengrin directly..