Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Anyone Watching "The Pacific"

Its from the same people who made Band of Brothers. Its on HBO or you can go to their site and watch it. So far I am liking it.

Its from the same people who made Band of Brothers. Its on HBO or you can go to their site and watch it. So far I am liking it.

Starts here in two weeks. They are re-running Band of Brothers First, only more to go then it starts. Nice to see we are not too far behind the USA.

James

Go to HBO.com and watch it now.

Regarding HBO.com

Only serves the US I think.

I tried and it says not available in my region.

I'll wait for the DVD.

Wow, that sucks, I would of figure you could get a .com site anywhere.

Go to HBO.com and watch it now.

Found it, but this is work and I guess I should be working. James

YOu can get to the site but most US websites has locked its content to the rest of the world.

Yeah you get all the info and all.

You can also register.

But you can't watch the shows online.

YOu can get to the site but most US websites has locked its content to the rest of the world.

Actually, it's the other way around. Other countries lock out U.S. sites because of our "imperialistic" and "devilish" ways. However, you can watch American Idol almost anywhere. :dntknw:

Try a US located proxy and then going to the HBO website.

Can't get to the site here either - in Germany...

I guess TV series are much harder to sell abroad when they are made available for free after the initial broadcast in the country where they have been made. Kinda shows you what a small world Earth has become thanks to the interweb. :wink:

It is being broadcasted by cable TV here, premiered past monday. So far, they do a "Band of Brothers" episode, then the "The Pacific" one. I really enjoyed it. You don´t get to see how was it so early in the war. I liked the scene of the naval battle. And the chapter was uploaded to a share site the following day.

Btw, is the NCO at the briefing the guy from "Close to Home"?

Actually, it's the other way around. Other countries lock out U.S. sites because of our "imperialistic" and "devilish" ways. However, you can watch American Idol almost anywhere. :dntknw:

That is not true, The reason we cannot watch shows on the internet that are out on american sites has nothing to do with that but with copyright. Apparently only the american people are allowed to see some of the shows posted on sites like HBO. Now why that is i have no clue because the internet is supposed to be a free medium no bound by countrie borders.

That is not true, The reason we cannot watch shows on the internet that are out on american sites has nothing to do with that but with copyright. Apparently only the american people are allowed to see some of the shows posted on sites like HBO. Now why that is i have no clue because the internet is supposed to be a free medium no bound by countrie borders.

Like I said above, it's probably the same reason why Region Codes were introduced for DVDs. TV series like "The Pacific" cost a lot of money to make, so HBO does count on international distribution. But it's kinda hard to sell a series when you have already made it available around the world for free. And I would say that the language barrier (although I might be biased here) isn't really that much of an issue anymore.

Edited by Gocad

It looks awesome,my only concern is that Tom Hanks has said some aweful things while out promoting the series.On one hand I want to see(BOB was great)but on the other I'm not sure if I want to suport another ignorant axgrinding hollywood liberal.I'll end up seeing it I'm sure.

Yeah, half the stuff is restricted to US and Canada only. I got that problem with NBC a lot too. There's always EZTV, but... :dunno:

It looks awesome,my only concern is that Tom Hanks has said some aweful things while out promoting the series.On one hand I want to see(BOB was great)but on the other I'm not sure if I want to suport another ignorant axgrinding hollywood liberal.I'll end up seeing it I'm sure.

I dunno, I can see where he's coming from, although he did go about it in a pretty ham-fisted, generalised kinda way. I see some older diggers at the RSL from time to time who went through some crazy sh*t in their fights, but still act as though the peoples of Vietnam or Japan, etc, now are the exact same people they fought against 40/60 years ago and that certainly ain't the case. Note I do not say all diggers, but some. By and large, they're a pretty awesome bunch!

Edited by Say What?!

I dunno, I can see where he's coming from, although he did go about it in a pretty ham-fisted, generalised kinda way. I see some older diggers at the RSL from time to time who went through some crazy sh*t in their fights, but still act as though the peoples of Vietnam or Japan, etc, now are the exact same people they fought against 40/60 years ago and that certainly ain't the case. Note I do not say all diggers, but some. By and large, they're a pretty awesome bunch!

I agree that there are people here too that can't let go of the past but the the clips I saw seemed to indicate that Hanks believed that the war was fought because we were racists rather than we dehumanized the enemy to make it easier to motivate the troops.he also tried to draw a parralel between the war on terror,WW2 and racism.that was not only wrong and ignorant but also just plain politicaly motivated.I love Hanks as an actor and he has done some good charity stuff but while you expect this crud from Sean Penn,I just wonder if because he's a nice guy Hanks gets a pass for being a moron?

Okay there is a way round this google peerguardian and it should work it makes your PC think it's in the US, I use it in relation to some work I do and it allows me into a website that's US only...

If it doesn't work dont blame me... :good:

Also I am not sure what the legal ramifications are either... But I don't think that there is an issue...

Okay just checked the HBO site and no it doesn't let me watch The Pacific... as one US General at Bastionge said in WW2 NUTS!!!

Edited by Slartibartfast