Sign in to follow this  
SDirickson

Soldner Released In Europe

A friend of mine got a copy of Soldner when it was released in Europe. Just wondering if anyone else here has gotten a chance to try it out yet.

I haven't really played it very much yet, just messed around for a couple minutes. Unfortunately, it feels like they didn't get very far from the betas. Certain aspects of the game seem improved, while others got worse. Vehicle control seems to have decreased, though actual player movement and aiming has gotten a bit better.

Hopefully someone else can come by and give a detailed review.

The demo didn't make me rush out to buy it but i'm curious as well

The demo didn't make me rush out to buy it but i'm curious as well

same here...

the graphics is horrible !! :huh:

From what I've seen of the game, the graphics level is kinda understandable. Because of the commander option, zooming out and playing the game almost like an RTS, they couldn't make the graphics ultra detailed or render the game unplayable.

Instead, its at an intermediate level between FPS and RTS.

Reminds me a lot of OpFlashpoint actually.

it has alot of CTD =/

From what I played in the demo OFP has nothing to worry about.lol

Honestly the only cool feature was being able to customize my soldier, other than that OFP still rains supreme after 3 years of service.

I think the only thing I really have to look forward to is to see what happens with OFP2

No the patches has helped out. There is still issues but the game is great fun.

This is a game that SCREAMS for teamwork. IMHO it was released to early but it still great fun an the destructable terrain is worth the price alone.

I havn't been disconnected or seen any CTD's.

Don't judge the game by the beta demo, instead wait for the soon to be release "real" demo if you haven't bought it. I'm living in Europe and have about 40-80 possible servers to join with ping from 23-75.

Cheers

Mark

I just bought Soldener, however my experience so far is very negative and that's not even because of the game, first cd was scratched and I got a new one, second the CD key has failed to work so I'm still waiting to give it a go....

Still I think the idea behind the game is brilliant.

Cheers

Staffan