Sign in to follow this  
peter01

Wow quack

The Nie 24-27s skins are superb :good: .

Beautifully done camo, masterfully done squadron and national insignia, an excellent job.

I think the Silver skin that we had is nicely done and accurate, but unfortunately the colours in FE are muted and it just didn't come across as well as it could or should have. FE could look very gloomy too (before Jan's new terrain), and the silver scheme didn't help.

I hardly flew these these planes before - but they now are one of my favourites, without a doubt, a complete transformation.

Great skinning quack. And you are certainly making a huge difference to my enjoyment of game with all the skins - at least half of mine default to your skins. Many thanks.

So, what's next? Just kidding :grin:.

Edited by peter01

Thanks a lot Peter01drinks.gif . It's a double edged sword though. These planes and others would be useless without your flight modelsgood.gif . I wouldnt skin if there weren't any planes worth skinning. But I'm glad you like 'em. BTW the national and squadron markings are all produced by the game. I just did the serial numbers on the rudder.

What's next you ask? Well I have to post some Gotha's for those airfields very soon. But I am currently working on tweaking the DH-2 skin of No.24 Sqd. I'm making three versions that will appear at random but in groups of 4. A flight, B flight, and C flight. A flight having having red wheels and red and white outer struts. B flight having a blue and white pinwheel pattern on the wheels and blue and white outer struts. C flight having solid blue wheels with blue and white outer forward struts and solid blue outer rear struts.

They will appear at random using the decal system that I used for the Jasta 19 Dr.1's and the Jasta 11 D.III's (if you've check them out). So in any mission you fly the DH-2 or fly against the DH-2 you'll come across these different flights simultanously. I've done a minor touch up of the original skin just to lighten up the insignias and made the doping a more tan color with some weathering. I'll post a few pics when I finish them up. The hard part is getting the decals centered on the wheels when the wheels spinblink.gif . But I'll get it.

Thanks a lot Peter01drinks.gif . It's a double edged sword though. These planes and others would be useless without your flight modelsgood.gif . I wouldnt skin if there weren't any planes worth skinning. But I'm glad you like 'em. BTW the national and squadron markings are all produced by the game. I just did the serial numbers on the rudder.

What's next you ask? Well I have to post some Gotha's for those airfields very soon. But I am currently working on tweaking the DH-2 skin of No.24 Sqd. I'm making three versions that will appear at random but in groups of 4. A flight, B flight, and C flight. A flight having having red wheels and red and white outer struts. B flight having a blue and white pinwheel pattern on the wheels and blue and white outer struts. C flight having solid blue wheels with blue and white outer forward struts and solid blue outer rear struts.

They will appear at random using the decal system that I used for the Jasta 19 Dr.1's and the Jasta 11 D.III's (if you've check them out). So in any mission you fly the DH-2 or fly against the DH-2 you'll come across these different flights simultanously. I've done a minor touch up of the original skin just to lighten up the insignias and made the doping a more tan color with some weathering. I'll post a few pics when I finish them up. The hard part is getting the decals centered on the wheels when the wheels spinblink.gif . But I'll get it.

Yeah, I know about the decals, but still great. Works very well with the various allied squadron insignia (US especially). Neat.

Glad to hear about the Dh2 - it needs a new skin or two. The default is good, but ... I hope you do some other colours too like the Bristol Scout, I think the Dh2 would be a favourite of many.

BTW, the N24Bis has a different tail to all the rest, and because it is different (slightly), I like it - maybe the nicest looking one too. But unfortunately your new camo doesn't cover the elevators completely, and the rudder numbering is too high.

Edited by peter01

Yeah, I know about the decals, but still great. Works very well with the various allied squadron insignia (US especially). Neat.

Glad to hear about the Dh2 - it needs a new skin or two. The default is good, but ... I hope you do some other colours too like the Bristol Scout, I think the Dh2 would be a favourite of many.

BTW, the N24Bis has a different tail to all the rest, and because it is different (slightly), I like it - maybe the nicest looking one too. But unfortunately your new camo doesn't cover the elevators completely, and the rudder numbering is too high.

No problem I'll fix up the skin so it fits the N.24Bis.