Is it possible to do a wheels up crash landing in any of the Thirdwire sims? I have tried and always end up dead. :yikes:

I've crash landed the MiG-17 with the nose gear up before. I don't think I've ever done a full gear up landing before though.

img00064.jpg

Never, not once have I ever managed. Now matter how slow, how smooth and gentle.

I've done it in FE, but since all WW1 planes had fixed undercarriages it's not that great a stretch (or difference between regular ground and an airfield for that matter) So it's not as if the engine is completely incapable of handling it. Likely structural strength and armor might allow a plane to survive.

Has anyone belly landed a WW2 prop plane in anything SF?

It's possible only if the aircraft is setup for it. Very few (if any) are setup to do it properly.

The Super Hornet was the first time that I know of that an aircraft was set specifically to have this ability. However, it caused strange behavior during carrier ops, so the ability was disabled.

However, there is nothing preventing being able to do this within the data.ini.

FC

Does it involve strapping additional invisible gear i.e. skids on the belly?

Ive done it once on the Mirage III Shahak

I've never been able to belly land but I've watched as the computer belly landed Yak-3s that had ran out of fuel mid-combat in my WOE install on a couple of occasions.