Hi guys, I've been PC flight simming for 28 years,I bought WoE last week and like it,I patched with the Oct 2008 patch and just wonder if there are any other patches or addons of assorted kinds you can recommend?

Okay thanks..:)

Incidentally is there any way in WoE to keep track of how many weapons we've got left on the racks? In the heat of combat you find yourself thinking "have I got 1 Sidewinder left or 2?", or "Have I dropped all my cluster bombs or have I got one left?"

As far as I can tell, the only way to find out is to go to external view to see what you've got left hanging under the wings, but it'd be much easier if that info was given on the HUD or panel.

I agree with the Mighty USAFmtl on the list he has provided as to keeping score on what you have left on the Racks no there is no easy one to that some jets have it others you have to keep track... adds to the fun is there a winder left etc... and welcome

Sad to say WOV is not patched since the Strike Fighters 2 Series came out.

Incidentally, are the Strike Fighters 2 series (Vietnam/Europe/Israel) different to WOE in some way, or is their style and programming the same as WOE?

Is SF 2 also sometimes called Strike fighters Project 2?

Also, is there a Strike Fighters 1 series which is sometimes called Project 1?

Is SF 1 discontinued and been replaced by SF2?

Sorry but there are so many adverts around that I'm losing track of which is which and how they relate to each other.

Strike fighters project 1 is the original flight sim. The second gen sims are replacing the 1st gen sims and the developer is no longer releasing any patches for the first gen.

The difference between the two is that the second gen sims will work fine on vista while you may have to do some editing to get the 1st generation games working before the oct 08 patch. The second gen sims I think are designed to use DX10 and they look better in this retrospect.

Mike

Edited by MaverickMike

SFP1 <- original release 2002

WOV

WOE

WOI

First Eagles <-- all built on same engine as SFP1

SF2 <-updated DX10/Vista/Win7 compatible version of SFP1

SF2:V <-updated WOV

SF2:E

SF2:I

FE2 <- all built on SF2 engine, current standard

Ok thanks, have I got this right?-

The SF1 series are built on the old engine and are therefore outdated, but the SF2 series have got a new (presumably better) engine?

PS- (I'm Win XP/ Intell 3.33Ghz/Nvidia 9800/ 4Gb RAM)

Spike:

What usafmtl recommended are great add-ons.

Any 2nd Gen game will work very well on your system. The format for the games are a little different,but once used to it ,they are great.

Basically,unlike a lot of Sims,It is your choice!

Read the Knowledge bases for the Pro's and Con's of each series.

There are Hundreds of mods and add-ons in the Download section for each series.

Welcome Aboard and enjoy the Fun!!!

Actually the sim engine itself is generally the same between 1st gen and 2nd gen games.

2nd gen games just have some graphical refinements and some very small new features.

2nd gen also removed the multiplayer aspect.

Edited by jomni

To be fair, some of the 3D models and skin textures are so much better in SF2. If you don't believe me check out the skins on the WOE F-4M and the SF2:E F-4M.