Sign in to follow this  
skybolt66

Start impossible

Some weeks ago ALL works well. Now starting OFF (BHaH)and "go to field" again is schown:."......ConfigOveride.xml "doesn't exist. By first install I copied that file from CFS3---o.k. Trying same now---no way. Where can I get tis ...xml-file to get success? CFS3.1a runs whitout any problem.

skybolt66.

I had this problem a couple of weeks ago... Had to do a reinstall of everything... :dntknw:

Uff---that's I want to avoid. Isn't it crazy---one time it works to copy files, later not? Other standalone-addons runs proper, only OFF shows those bugs !

I'll try another trick bevore newinstall, make 3 +++ !yess.gif

One step forward !! After newinstall and using a wellworking CFS3.1a (clean) is shown after "Go to Field, Contact, Ready (eng.-start)------

"CFS3 works uncorrectly and must be closed"-------hmmmmm! CFS3+OFF are PAYWARE, both worked well 2 weeks ago-----CFS3 still.

I made NO changings anywhere, anyhow OFF failes. Is there any link to see needed config for CFS3.1a to use that addon again??

Well OFF works for 1000s of people for months, or years.. with no problem. But CFS3 itself CAN break the ConfigOveride.xml easily. Especially if you installed a new graphics card, or have NOT configured your graphic settings yet. The error message passed from CFS3 is not helpful unfortunately.

Please calm down, go to Workshop, Graphics Config. Set your sliders up (SEE FAQ near to the top ish.. for help). File, Exit. The file is made.

Copying it MAY work once, but only if the ConfigOveride.xml just so happens to have the exact info required for the CURRENT graphics drivers.

The fact the program worked fine for weeks shows the software is good so please don't blame OFF, ALL software ever made by anyone, even that made by the huge Microsoft company can break, fall over etc. Do that and all will be well.

If you set your sliders too high, it may crash, lower scenery and terrain (SEE FAQ)

OR if you used a dodgy cfs3.exe from elsewhere that can also break..

Thanks Polovski for serious+helpfully reply! Remembering my 1. install running OFF whitout updates first---o.k, adding them later--o.k.

Last start after install. updates bevore, made those bugsheat.gif ---crazy! ALL runs well again, I saved this advices in my selfcreated

"usermanual" in case of new errors.

Great glad you are up and running skybolt66