Just curious if anyone's put together (or started to put together) all the add-on cockpits required for making all the red aircraft in NF4+ flyable. This is something I've been thinking of doing for a while, but I wanted to see if it's been done already...

I used to see a Red Plane pack for WOE / SF2E but can't see it anymore in the downloads section.

Edited by jomni

Gets my vote :ok:

I started to convert the NF campaigns to create red-side flyable versions (simple .ini edits, not changing anything in the campaigns themselves) but it got stuck under a pile of terrain stuff.

If you feel like getting the cockpits together I can try to sort those campaign mods, and we can have a "WARPAC Fighters" add-on :cool:

I don't think anyone has pulled together a comprehensive SF2 cockpit pack yet. It seems like most of the Red planes missing cockpits are stock TW aircraft, since at least the modern MiGs and Sukhois have cockpits already. Ordway has made a bunch of cockpits for stock TW aircraft, so they are out there:

SF1 & SF2 MiG-17 and MiG-19 pack (fixed by Wrench to work in SF2):

http://forum.combata...repair-package/

SF2 MiG-21 pack:

http://forum.combata...-sf2-europe-12/

If you look in the SF1 add-on jet cockpit section, you'll also see a bunch of MiG-23/-27 cockpits on the first and second page. I've tried the MiG-23MLD cockpit with the stock aircraft on a June 09B-patched SF2E/NF4+ install and it works fine. I haven't tried it on a Feb 10 patched install yet; some textures might go missing or have weird shapes in them if other add-ons are anything to go by.

I don't think anyone has pulled together a comprehensive SF2 cockpit pack yet. It seems like most of the Red planes missing cockpits are stock TW aircraft, since at least the modern MiGs and Sukhois have cockpits already. Ordway has made a bunch of cockpits for stock TW aircraft, so they are out there:

SF1 & SF2 MiG-17 and MiG-19 pack (fixed by Wrench to work in SF2):

http://forum.combata...repair-package/

SF2 MiG-21 pack:

If you look in the SF1 add-on jet cockpit section, you'll also see a bunch of MiG-23/-27 cockpits on the first and second page. I've tried the MiG-23MLD cockpit with the stock aircraft on a June 09B-patched SF2E/NF4+ install and it works fine. I haven't tried it on a Feb 10 patched install yet; some textures might go missing or have weird shapes in them if other add-ons are anything to go by.

I actually downloaded all those the other night, including all the MiG-23/27 pits. If I have some time, I'll start looking at what it'll take to get them into NF4+. My concern with all the MiG-23/27's are that they come with data.ini mods as well and I think those might require a weps pack. That won't work for NF4+, so I just want to make sure the cockpits can be added without the rest, and that it's not too much work...

That shouldn't be a probelm ... just add the cockpit folder, and adjust the main ini to add the statements for the CockpitDataFile= , avionics ini (avionics60.dll), and avionics ini statments.

don't need to touch anything else (unless you're added ECM or CMs

did it to all the Fishbeds in SF2, just added 3 lines (didn't do hangar screens or loadout bmps)

wrench

kevin stein

That shouldn't be a probelm ... just add the cockpit folder, and adjust the main ini to add the statements for the CockpitDataFile= , avionics ini (avionics60.dll), and avionics ini statments.

don't need to touch anything else (unless you're added ECM or CMs

did it to all the Fishbeds in SF2, just added 3 lines (didn't do hangar screens or loadout bmps)

wrench

kevin stein

Good. I was thinking that it shouldn't be an issue, but I couldn't remember if data.ini files contained anything that was tied to the cockpit or avionics.

Anyone want to split the work? Maybe one person do MiG-19 and earlier, and someone do the MiG-21's and -23/27's? Or something like that... Then we can throw Baltika's campaign files in there as well...

Also, I'm getting an error message when I click on that link for the MiG-21 pack, and I can't find it in the downloads section. Can someone tell me where I can find it?

Edited by malibu43

Also, I'm getting an error message when I click on that link for the MiG-21 pack, and I can't find it in the downloads section. Can someone tell me where I can find it?

Let's try that again...

If the link breaks again, the MiG-21 cockpits will be on page 12 of the SF2 Add-On Aircraft Section