Is it possible to capture this data in a text format? Does the game store it in a file anywhere, even temporarily?

Things like weapons fired is mostly what I'm mainly interested in (type and number of missiles and gun rounds of entire flight). But things like drop tanks, damage taken, and fuel used would be icing on the cake.

Not that I'm aware of, but it took 9 years to get the save mission button, so I wouldn't recommend holding your breath...

Well, damn. :( That's a bummer.

In that case, how do the campaigns track the stores available? I know that there is a difficulty setting which controls how much ordnance you have on hand and (I think) the frequency of the resupplies, so it must track it mission to mission somewhere. Any idea how that's done?

You mean like Maddox's Eventlog text file that records all combat across the map? There's nothing I could find like that in the SF. I wish TK would have allowed it, then we would have had 3rd Party dynamic campaign generators over the last few years.

Yeah, in essence. I was hoping to do something along those lines - not an actual mission generator, but an external app that utilized game stats. It can't be that hard for TK to make that a file, even a temporary one that background apps could read before it is wiped out. :/

Yea, its the missing link for this sim. Lowengrin made an "editor" for TK's stock dynamic campaign generator, but never could mod his own generator because of lack of map wide combat results record. This tells me Lowengrin was quite interested in the SF series, but hands were tied.

I don't see the point in a game wiping a text combat stats file. DOS Su-27 Flaker 1.0 from 1995 allowed one to read the combat results in the mission editor, after mission end, and doing so let one study how the combat worked, especially AI, allowing somewhat more deep mission design. Very interesting stuff.