Sign in to follow this  
CW3SF

Enlisted 1 Sept 1915 & lasted until 11 Nov 1918

This was fun. I set the realism at -10 ( Auto mix, outcome easiest, and of course Never can Die ). I always forget the auto mixture thing. I hate the paper work Bull %$##. And if I was going to go through the entire WW1 the way I fly the can not Die was the only way to go. John Bergman was my pilot. Some of you may remember my writing this hero of WW2 and my CO long ago while serving my country in the USArmy.

John made 128 missions with 162 kills flying about 90 hours( many were cut short due the need to return to the real world). He earned five medals upto the Red Eagle Order.

John spent a fair ammount of time in POW camps but was a whiz at escape.

What got him??

John was only shot down 6 times all in a fur ball. One on one the other guy went down. The most were Air to Air crashes, 16 of those. Attacking RR yards and Air Fields came to a hault after 8 early in the war. Running out of fuel after a line damage happen only twice. Rear gunners got me 4 times early on and did not attack them over there lines from then on.

This whole project took over four months. Recovering from Rotator Cuff surgery was the reason for my available time.

I found this enjoyable but wondered how anyone flew through the entire WW1 for REAL!!!

CW3SF

Simple anyone who lasted that long in Real Life, was very lucky, and he ran a great many times

Unless you were Ernst Udet.... grin.gif

Unless you were Ernst Udet.... grin.gif

Udet did hit the silk once, didn't he? No such luck if your a Crumpet, Frog or Doughboy.