Sign in to follow this  
groumf

Compatibility with new CPU

Hello,

Does anyone play OFFBHaH ph.3 with Intel Core i7 860 CPU ? Indeed, I read on a forum that this processor encountered some problems with certains "3D games". I know yet that OFF works fine with Intel Core I7 920, so it may work as fine with I7 860, but I'd be reassured for good if somebody could provide the confirmation...

Thank you !

I've a I5 750 and I can assure you that I don't have any problems with OFFBHaH. Your CPU is a Lynnfield like mine, only you've hyperthreading capability and mine don't.

What might happen is that, with hyperthreading enabled in BIOS, some applications/games might not used and have under performance.

OFF might be the case or not. You'll have to try for yourself. But it's easy it's a question of entering in the BIOS and enabling or disabling that function.

But one of the good things about the Lynnfield's processors, its the ability to use the Intel Turbo Boost Technolgy. Which in a non multi-core applications/games like OFF, will induce a reasonable boost in performance. At least it's what my experience tells.

This technology must be enabled in BIOS. But depending in the motherboards, you might have to enable other options in BIOS, in order to Intel Turbo Boost work correctly. Maybe I can help you here.

Edited by Von Paulus

Thankyou for your help, Von Paulus ! Well, the game may run fine. I've allready purchased OFF 3 but it's installed on a low config PC (sempron 2800+ and nvidia geforce4 ti !). I'm eager to receive my new computer to enjoy OFF the full... and maybe download Hat In The Ring extension !