Sign in to follow this  
kuba-1

Problem with adding weapons

Hi. I have a problem with the adding of a new weapon. I´ve a original WOE and I have installed into Bunyap´s Weapon Pack 03 Jul 2006. I try to describe to you my situation. I download a new weapn into C:\Program Files\Wings Over Europe\Objects. There are folders with GUNDATA.INI/dat, WEAPONDATA.INI/dat + Weapons folder + Gun/Weaponeditor.exe. When I open a "new weapon", move the files ending with "LOD" or "bmp" in folder Weapons. Then I move the file ending with "txt" in Weapondata.INI. I change the number in the sequence and save it. After that I open Weaponeditor. Here I see a new weapon added to the bottom of the list. Open it and then click Save. But when I run WOE, there is any new weapon. Can you tell me what I do wrong?? Thank you in advance and flight success. Kuba

What version of WOE are you running? - will tell you on the bottom right hand corner of the main screen.

At a guess I would say you are using the wrong weapons editor.

I use the old version 08.30.06 of WOE. Do you think you could give me a link to the correct version of the Weapon Editor?

Edited by kuba-1

Make sure the weapons files are in .....\objects\weapons\

You might actually have the right editor for that version - make sure in the "weapons" folder there is a weaponsdata.ini and a weapondata.dat

These 2 files must be in ..\objects\weapons\ only - make sure you dont have copies elsewhere in the files structure.

06 patch levels canNOT have folderized weapons ... it won't see them. That only became available with WoI and 08 patch level SF/WoV/WoE

the various and sundry weapons "bits" have to be left floating loose in the /Objects/Weapons folder.

wrench

kevin stein